Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from a newbie!

Hunnysett

Red face Hi from a newbie!

Hello everyone, i'm new here but it looks like a good place to hang out

I'm disabled with severe spinal injury's i try to keep positive and make something of this new life i have to lead.

I write a blog about life as a disabled writer and i also write childrens story's. I find this helps me feel like a valid contributing member of society.

anyhoo just saying hi for now!

XXX

Welcome!

Another writer? How fantastic! I write fantasy fiction but so far the only person that has read them is a very good friend of mine. I also write poetry.

@flowerangel - fantasy fiction - have you ever had ant published? thats just the sort I read.

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    @flowerangel - fantasy fiction - have you ever had ant published? thats just the sort I read.
    No, I haven't...I mainly write as a self-therapy for myself

How has the OP managed to have a separate forum account and user name and post history. She's started a thread in the Suppliers section promoting her latest book..... user name is the same?

[QUOTE=rich-ward;91076]How has the OP managed to have a separate forum account and user name and post history. She's started a thread in the Suppliers section promoting her latest book..... user name is the same?[/QUOTE
    Last edited by tedthered; 19-08-15 at 18:55.

Its not a separate account, I'm guessing it's the post count you are wondering about?
    (Says one post when its clear that at least two have been made).

It's quite simple; the way the forum software works you can set it so that certain sub fourms do not count towards a users post count.

So for example if a user posts in a 'help' section the post gets counted, but a post in a 'chat' section doesn't.
    I'm guessing the 'Suppliers' section here does not add to a users post count.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although I do think she has set up two user accounts- Hunnysett and Hunnypie.
    Very similar name, both in Ayrshire?

No real reason why you can't do this for certain reasons, ie. to keep business stuff separate from personal stuff.
    But check the forum rules on registering more than once - it is often the sign of a spammer or troll and multiple regitrations may get banned.
    (There are ways to check if two or more user names are actualy the same person).
    Moderators also often have one user account for moderation and another one (or two) with normal user rights.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I too was confused noticing similar things written by hunnysett and hunntpie>>>

Welcome. How are you?

Hi Hunneysett
    Lot of writers.. I am one too