Thread: Squeaking scooter after rain, any suggestions?

Squeaking scooter after rain, any suggestions?

We had torrential rain this morning (most people did I think) and me and my scooter got really soaked. Discovered my waterproof jacket isn't waterproof any more, and spent the morning at work wearing a colleagues spare cycling top while my top dried!

More importantly some water seems to have got into my scooter, I assume it's seeped through the sides of the keyhole - the key has a cover over it but today was so wet the water seems to have got through. I use a powered chair at work so scooter is drying off. But tried it as I was concerned and as soon as I switch it on there's a high pitched squeak. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Might see if someone from the works department can unscrew to part (don't know what it's called, Someone else might) to try and let it dry out. It seems to work ok, but noise is a bit alarming.

Any suggestions??

You can't beat a blast from WD-40 http://wd40.com/uses-tips/automotive/all

Thanks LT. Got back to car ok, although still squeaking it was a bit quieter. Now home so will go spray my WD40 when I've had a cuppa. Can hear my Dads voice, he always used to have a can in the car. Of course I never do, but maybe should.

Have you seen this on the news? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-33929490

I hope it stops squeaking soon!

Yes I saw that earlier - I'm surprised no vehicles disappeared down there. I believe someone reported a 'pothole' to the Council a while back and they spread a bucket full of tar on it - you could hide a bus in this pothole!

Florida has a lot going for it but they aren't keen on advertising 'swallow holes'. The estate agent described this bungalow as benefitting from a 'sunken garden'!! sinkholes in florida pictures

By the way let me know when you fancy a Trafford Centre meet up for a light bite and boot hoist demo.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I hope it stops squeaking soon!
    So do I! At least they'll hear me coming, wonder if they'll move out the way?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Yes I saw that earlier - I'm surprised no vehicles disappeared down there. I believe someone reported a 'pothole' to the Council a while back and they spread a bucket full of tar on it - you could hide a bus in this pothole!

Florida has a lot going for it but they aren't keen on advertising 'swallow holes'. The estate agent described this bungalow as benefitting from a 'sunken garden'!! sinkholes in florida pictures

By the way let me know when you fancy a Trafford Centre meet up for a light bite and boot hoist demo.
    Yes, not forgotten! Will let you know. Very happy to be in and dry tonight!

Can't believe there wasn't an accident given how busy it always is.

Apologies LT, have replied to you as well but post gone to mods.