Thread: A bit fed up

A bit fed up

Hello all, I've had a bit of an internet break for a while, I hope everyone is as well as they can be.

I had an appointment with a GP today, first off I couldn't get one for weeks as you can only get one on the day, someday's I didn't feel up to going, others we couldn't get one.

Next thing you are told over and over in signs and the neon that goes along you can only have two issues, well I have more and there's never two appointments you can get, so then the GP towards the end is rushing to get you out!

But the thing that I am fed up with is I have a lot of chronic pain issues, my shoulders hurt so badly and most days I cannot move my arm for it, even an inch is too much, I have tried physio and now some yoga, but the pain remains. A few physio's have said similar things that to them when they massage it, it feels like the bones are not connected to the muscle in the correct way, so my bone is floating without support.

No Dr has ever actually had their hands on my shoulder (just given more meds and left it there). So I was talking today about how bad it has been and the GP was nice and pleasant, but he said that with me, they are pretty much done with what they are doing with me. He said they won't ultrasound the back of the shoulder blade, so there's not any point in investigating it.

Meanwhile I am 29 and in constant pain, I've had all little signs that point to different problems, bloodwork's coming up with irregularities, but I feel like I'm left out on my own with it.

I'm sorry I just feel a little sad that they are 'done' with me. It also doesn't bode well, so because I have chronic pain they will leave any pain to the pain killers, I mean what if there is something that needs treatment?

My pain clinic Dr told me that the GP would maybe give me a list of acupuncturists that are 'safe', but the DDr said look at the google reviews.

I don't know I feel blah! I suppose it's never great to hear that you're a lost case.

I am trying acupuncture, privately, but you can get it on the NHS. It has helped me and I have been in constant pain with carpal tunnel for MONTHS. Its not for everyone, but if you desperate, as I was, you'll give anything a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    I am trying acupuncture, privately, but you can get it on the NHS. It has helped me and I have been in constant pain with carpal tunnel for MONTHS. Its not for everyone, but if you desperate, as I was, you'll give anything a shot.
    Thanks, yes I am going to try it, I just thought that the GP may help me find one as apparently they have lists of ones that are regulated better, I am worried about unclean needles on the whole.
    It's worth trying for sure, I'm really glad to hear it's been helping you.

Welcome back!

From another person with chronic pain - It is very annoying...and I'm also completely fed up with it. Part of my plan of action for anxiety and agoraphobia is to go out and meet friends in a place that I feel comfortable - at the moment, the chronic pain in my foot(tendonitis) is currently stopping me from doing that, so it's having a knock on effect on my mental health.

I have been waiting 3 weeks for a home visit by my new doctor, tried chasing them up to no avail. They are calling back yesterday(still waiting.......)

it seems to be a problem all over the uk trying to see a doctor ,only last year I could get an appointment almosr right away now its at least 10 days, I like yourself suffer from constant pain but when times get bad I have an electric heat pad for my back and find combined with a good book usually help .all the best.

I was using a wheatbag that you heat in the microwave for my wrist and it does bring some relief, i must say

If you are unsatisfied with your GP I would start looking for another one. I know that there may not be many options, but you have a right to a second, third, fourth, etc assessment.