Thread: Could Somebody Explain Please...Exemption Car Tax

Could Somebody Explain Please...Exemption Car Tax

Dear Folks

For the first time in September I will be taxing my car (or not taxing(exempt)) my car for another year.

I did this last year on the net and found it surprisingly easy, but like I said earlier I will be exempt from payment this year.
    I have looked on e how which gives explanation on how to do this but not for exempt tax holders.

To do this I am presuming that I will need my exemption certificate MOT certify? Is it straight forward or complicated.

Could somebody explain this to me…thank you

Seems like a straight forward process. Go to the post office with proof of entitlement, Valid MOT and insurance. Needs to be post office first time, but renewals can be done online. See link

https://www.gov.uk/driving-medical-c...tax-exemptions

Like many things the first time will always feel more complicated and stressful but become easier with familiarity
    Last edited by fwipperie; 21-08-15 at 13:32. Reason: Missing details