Thread: Hold luggage allowances

Hold luggage allowances

Does anyone on 'youreable' have any experience of concessions made for hold luggage allowance.

In a few weeks I'm going away for a holiday and my hold luggage allowance is 20 kg. As someone with a neurogenic bladder I tend to go through clothes, especially underpants, shorts, trousers and jeans at a heavier rate than is the 'norm'. I don't really want to resort to washing clothes while on holiday.

I wondered whether anyone here has requested an extra allowance as a reasonable adjustment from an airline company; and were you successful?

You are allowed "necessary medical equipment". For me, it was the wheelchair, for b/friend a suitcase full of dialysis equipment. you WOULD have to get a letter from dr tho. Washing pants is easy enough, esp if you are going some where hot. Make a little line on the balcony. If your going somewhere hot, you'd be mad to wear jeans! light cotton shorts.

You could pay for extra luggage allowance but that may be expensive.
    Have you thought of using pads just whilst you are away, Tena do them for men?

5kg with Thompsons I've just checked my tickets