Thread: Help! Weird call! Work focussed interv

Help! Weird call! Work focussed interv

I have only just submitted my claim within the past month and only sent my ESA50 this week. I've just had a phone call from DWP inviting me to a work focused interview saying it could be "of great benefit" to me? They said that although they are not saying that they think I am fit enough to return to work that they think I should go?

I told the guy that I was literally at the physiotherapist yesterday who told me I was worse than I thought I was and that I've to enter into a period of physical rehab as my abdominal muscles and back muscles are torn. I'm also awaiting a counselling appointment due to anxiety and stress so have no clue when I will be fit physically or mentally yet.

I'm stressed out before I've even had my assessment as I feel like I'm literally being shoved out to work.

If you have mobility problems ask them to conduct any WFI's over the phone, you may have to ask your GP to verify the nature of those problems by sending a fax directly to your JC+.

Thanks Jard! Can they make me do a work focused interview before I've even had my assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkglitterheart View Post
    Thanks Jard! Can they make me do a work focused interview before I've even had my assessment?
    Yes, they can and you can be sanctioned for not attending, regardless of any forthcoming assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    If you have mobility problems ask them to conduct any WFI's over the phone, you may have to ask your GP to verify the nature of those problems by sending a fax directly to your JC+.
    The jobcentre may be very willing to do this. I got moved to phone based WFI's without even asking. My claim is on the basis of anxiety and depression. This wouldnt prevent me from getting to the jobcentre.