Thread: Has anyone been awarded enhanced pip on mobility?

Has anyone been awarded enhanced pip on mobility?

Hi all.
    My question is this, has any one been awarded enhanced mobility part on their pip by using sticks or crutches?

The reason I ask is iam trying to walk and not using my electric wheelchair but using my NHS crutches, I use walk loosely as I walk at a snails pace and when tried walking outdoors even 2 yr olds was over taking me never mind senior citizens , pain is unbearable and need to stop after a few feet but I try to carry on .

This leaves me with sprained wrists and blisters not to mention back pain and pain in my legs .

I suffer with fibro Cfs,sciatica and osteoarthritis, which I need constant medication (tramadol 400mg, preagabalin 600mg and amitriplyne 150mg a day).

Capt billabong.
    Last edited by Capt billabong; 28-07-15 at 21:03.

I didnt get enhanced mobility, and wouldnt stand a chance at even 4 points on the moving around descriptor.

My partners mum did however get enhanced mobility, and all 12 points on moving around. Her walking is considerably better than what yours sounds like. She doesnt have a wheelchair, and for the vast majority of the time doesnt need a walking stick or crutches. Personally i was astonised with the award as i frequently see her walking much further than 20m. She walked further than that just walking into the assessment centre.

Quote Originally Posted by carl30 View Post
    I didnt get enhanced mobility, and wouldnt stand a chance at even 4 points on the moving around descriptor.

My partners mum did however get enhanced mobility, and all 12 points on moving around. Her walking is considerably better than what yours sounds like. She doesnt have a wheelchair, and for the vast majority of the time doesnt need a walking stick or crutches. Personally i was astonised with the award as i frequently see her walking much further than 20m. She walked further than that just walking into the assessment centre.
    She may have got it due to not being able to walk the distance repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner.

yes, i use one walking stick

I just wonder please is the fact I am a wheelchair user (electric) used against you under PIP?
    I realise all long term awards for DLA are being changed over etc. I wont lie I've looked at the pip form on the other website and it just makes my head hurt how confusing some of the Questions come across

I use a wheelchair outside the house as my walking ability is bad, I manage inside the house using a stick in small bursts which can leave me exhausted.

I got 12 points for mobility, I went in my wheelchair, an NHS chair, and wasn't ask to get out of it, or to walk, assessor said they had all the information they needed regarding mobility from my doctor.

No it shouldn't be held against you.

Mags