Thread: 'Indefinite' DLA awards.

'Indefinite' DLA awards.

We were all recently made aware of impending early 'Invitations' for the changeover from DLA to PIP for those with 'Indefinite' awards for DLA. I was wondering if anyone in the postcode areas already discussed had been contacted yet and/or,which postcode areas are proposed to be next ?

Oxy.
    Last edited by Oxycontin; 27-07-15 at 09:30.

Thank you for that lindaloo,

I'll take it then that things have yet to actually start with those postcode.

Oxy.

Hi Oxy.
    We are in the postcode area that was due from Feb 2015 and so far no word about the changeover.

Quote Originally Posted by DianneT View Post
    Hi Oxy.
    We are in the postcode area that was due from Feb 2015 and so far no word about the changeover.

Thanks,however Now I am really confused ?

How on earth can October indefinite awards be brought forwards to July,when February has not yet finished ?

I think we all have to accept that there are going to be delays in some post code areas as they deal with new PIP claims first.

You will continue to receive DLA until you receive your assessment for PIP.

I can understand how frustrating it is not to know when it is going to happen but on the other hand it is reasonable to expect new claims to be dealt with first.

Moody
    I'm in the same situation. My recommentadion is to download the PIP form and do a draught response based on the advice given in groups like this. Then forget about it until the brown evelope invite arrives. You will be then be able to deal with the process much smoother

Which PIP form is this you mention ?

Could he link me too it please ?

Oxy

I think the important information in the link that pmlindyloo posted is near the end
    From July 2015
    The remaining postcodes beginning: AL; CT; EN; HA; HS; KT; KW; ME; N; NW; SL; SM; TN; TW; UB; W; WD and ZE will be included
    DWP will start to invite all remaining claimants from
    13 July. This means people who currently have a long-term or indefinite award of DLA. We will do this gradually over a period of around two years, starting with people living in postcode areas beginning: BB; BL; DE; LE; M; OL; PR; ST; WA and WN.