Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I get a copy of all my medical records for PIP assessment?

How can I get a copy of all my medical records for PIP assessment?

Hello everyone
    How can I get a copy of my medical records for the past 10 years? Do I phone my hospital and pay £50? I haven't been given any time to do this as my appt is on Fri 31st July. I just got the letter 2 days ago..yikes
    Thanking you
    Flowers14

I got my doctors notes & letters by just writing a letter to my GP it cost £10.00. You might have to contact your local Nhs department that archive all medical records as you require past 10 years.

Be aware that it can cost up to £50 depending on how much stuff is in your record and whether it's paper based or on disc.

Thanks noisynoodle I was thinking about that price range. It'd have to be on a disc as I couldn't carry that much paperwork. I just how I can get it in time?
    Thank you
    Flowers

Yes Sadden but I've seen that many different doctors etc and been ill for so long that id have to much paper work to even carry. I probably only need the last 5 years. Do u think they can do that worth a week? Thanks Floats

When I had my PIP face to face, They would not accept any written evidence over 3 year old. I did argue the case that it was continuing evidence for the same medical issue. They still refused to accept it point blank.
    So just be aware.

Flowers you should be able to get the last 5 years from
    Your GP I'm sure if you explain the situation they might accommodate you. If you are taking someone with you ask them to carry them. As your GP should always get copies of any consultant letters & medical notes. Worth a try to get what u can

Thanks Saddan I will certainly try to do that. Yes my daufhter is coming with me so she will carry it for me. Thanks Flowers

When I asked my doctor if I could see my notes several years ago there was no problem. In fact he just handed me my folder and said it would be easier if I copied what I wanted and bring them back. My notes went back to my surgery in 1977!

I copied them at the Library and returned the originals a day later - no charge from the doctor.

I recently bought my MRI scans that were put on disc. They cost £25 and could only be viewed through special software. https://www.image32.com/Download

Got them Lighttouch ...Thanks