Thread: quick question re pip medical

quick question re pip medical

hi all, 1st time posting,may I say how helpful this site is, with your guide lines and advise.... my question is this ... has any one heared about pips ringing up your doctor and asking if the claimant would able to attend a medical assessment at the centre.

My sister is claiming dla, no mobility, she was award dla for 2yrs for low care., we did try for the mobility at that time, but looking back we did not go into detail, wish we had found this site sooner, but never mind.

this is due to end in September, and now she s in the prosess of going over to pips,but with a change in medical conditions, due to her
    RA, and limited movements in her joints, and daily flare ups, with both her shoulders, metal plate in wrist plus her knee pops out of socket, shes always ice -packing even during night, and her foot is now badly deformed,you realy have to see it,and her doctor gave a written report saying mobility poor,and slow, etc. they have all the relavent information to hand.

my sister received a letter dated 13th july, saying you will need to have a f2f medical but waiting time is 14/16 wks.(she did request a home visit on the form due to these flare ups as can not even walk or bend her knee, never mind go up/dwn stairs.).

to day she received another letter,dated 14th july asking to attend medical and its also out of are area,she rang them explaining that on the day if she has a flare up shes unable to move at all,and not be able to manage to stand even, they said we will ring your gp.they asked her for the number and address too,my sister said but you have all this on my pips form,the lady replied saying well we will contact your doctor to see if you are able to attend or not ? if not then you will have a long wait till October, and this appointment will be cancelled.

my sisters doctor is aware of her mobility when flares ups are on a daily basics, she has no mental issues, my question is can they refuse a home visit ? thanks in advance x

my question is can they refuse a home visit ?
    The answer to that is yes, they can do pretty much has they want, the usual procedure would be for your sister to contact her GP and ask them to fax an explanation directly to ATOS as to why she requires a home visit.

hi jard, thank you for answering my question, il ask her to contact her GP 1st thing tomorrow.