Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: C4 C5 TV - Seemingly have a Campaign Against Benefits

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey
    Posts
    80
    But on the other side of the coin there are god knows how many taxpayers who are totally fed up working hard and paying taxes only to bail out those scroungers who sit on their backsides and live off their endeavours. That maybe an extreme view and maybe not a majority view on this forum.

    Some of you need to take a step backwards and look at a wider view of these TV programmes. I've watched most of them and I'm yet to see or hear anything bad about those people who are genuinly disabled. The programmes target the long term unemployed who have absolutely no intention of finding a job to earn a living.

    Chris

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    But on the other side of the coin there are god knows how many taxpayers who are totally fed up working hard and paying taxes only to bail out those scroungers who sit on their backsides and live off their endeavours. That maybe an extreme view and maybe not a majority view on this forum.

    Some of you need to take a step backwards and look at a wider view of these TV programmes. I've watched most of them and I'm yet to see or hear anything bad about those people who are genuinly disabled. The programmes target the long term unemployed who have absolutely no intention of finding a job to earn a living.

    Chris
    Joe Public , who watches this kind of crap, does not take the wider view. They are happy to be informed by tv that ALL ppl on benefits must be legging it....it makes life harder for folks who ARE disabled and genuinely unemployable.
    Sorry but programmes like this are the thin end of the wedge: brainwashing that ppl on benefits are worthless > a drain on the economy > costing the NHS too much, and needing healthcare just to LIVE..............oh no lets just put em all in a ghetto shall we..hmmmmmm??

  3. #13
    Senior Member nukecad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    West Cumbria (Lake District)
    Posts
    9,819
    Its all propoganda and the government doesn't help by blurring terms about benefits for their own political purposes, and getting the media to use these terms.

    e.g. A while back they (the gov) started refering to ESA WRAG claimants as 'Jobseekers' and the media followed suit.
    (Some of you may remember me querying this with the W&P select committee in November last year).
    link to their reply

    As you know ESA legislation says that people in ESA WRAG cannot be mandated to look for or apply for jobs; not exactly 'Jobseekers' then.

    Then in the July budget it was announced that new WRAG claimants (from 2017) will only recieve the same benefits as those on Jobseekers Allowance.

    Anyone else see what they did there?
    By wrongly giving the impression that those in WRAG were 'Jobseekers' they were then able to justify bringing them in line with 'Jobseekers'.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

    Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

  4. #14
    That's exactly how they do it. They first create a situation which then enables them to bring in a change they want to make. They do it like this so the change seems either seems natural and logical or that it is brought in by consensus.

    You have to connect the dots between the events to see the bigger picture.


    The campaign to do the same with the NHS has started. Watch how the government will use the media to show how it is all unsustainable as it is.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    But on the other side of the coin there are god knows how many taxpayers who are totally fed up working hard and paying taxes only to bail out those scroungers who sit on their backsides and live off their endeavours. That maybe an extreme view and maybe not a majority view on this forum.

    Some of you need to take a step backwards and look at a wider view of these TV programmes. I've watched most of them and I'm yet to see or hear anything bad about those people who are genuinly disabled. The programmes target the long term unemployed who have absolutely no intention of finding a job to earn a living.

    Chris

    100% spot on. They target specific people, who actually want to be on TV, who are not ashamed of scrounging. The sense of entitlement in this country is shocking.

    On a more serious point, those that are portrayed by the TV programmes ruin it for the genuinely disabled, as the government now seek to make disability benefits criteria more stringent.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Its all propoganda and the government doesn't help by blurring terms about benefits for their own political purposes, and getting the media to use these terms.

    e.g. A while back they (the gov) started refering to ESA WRAG claimants as 'Jobseekers' and the media followed suit.
    (Some of you may remember me querying this with the W&P select committee in November last year).
    link to their reply

    As you know ESA legislation says that people in ESA WRAG cannot be mandated to look for or apply for jobs; not exactly 'Jobseekers' then.

    Then in the July budget it was announced that new WRAG claimants (from 2017) will only recieve the same benefits as those on Jobseekers Allowance.

    Anyone else see what they did there?
    By wrongly giving the impression that those in WRAG were 'Jobseekers' they were then able to justify bringing them in line with 'Jobseekers'.
    Bit in bold. Yes, this is disturbing. Especially as if you have been put in WRAG, you have technically been found "not fit for work" and are not expected to look for employment.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Joe Public , who watches this kind of crap, does not take the wider view. They are happy to be informed by tv that ALL ppl on benefits must be legging it....it makes life harder for folks who ARE disabled and genuinely unemployable.
    Sorry but programmes like this are the thin end of the wedge: brainwashing that ppl on benefits are worthless > a drain on the economy > costing the NHS too much, and needing healthcare just to LIVE..............oh no lets just put em all in a ghetto shall we..hmmmmmm??
    Yes, the point to me is, it doesn't matter if the people who go on these programmes are attention seekers or whatever, it is the subliminal message that goes out to everyone that ALL people on benefits are like this. Or, at the very least getting something for nothing and living it up.

    It's interesting that people never seem to think, that one day either because of unemployment, an accident or illness they might have to rely on the system they are happy to criticise, in order to survive.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    Yes, the point to me is, it doesn't matter if the people who go on these programmes are attention seekers or whatever, it is the subliminal message that goes out to everyone that ALL people on benefits are like this. Or, at the very least getting something for nothing and living it up.
    Your belief that ALL people on benefits are scroungers is ill conceived.


    Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    It's interesting that people never seem to think, that one day either because of unemployment, an accident or illness they might have to rely on the system they are happy to criticise, in order to survive.
    Has it occurred to you that if the many long term unemployed who consistently refuse to secure employment were to have their benefits removed, would release money to top up the benefits of people who need and deserve benefits, as well as releasing funds to pay the thousands of disabled folk (including myself) who currently do not receive a single penny in benefits from the Government?


    Chris

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Your belief that ALL people on benefits are scroungers is ill conceived.



    Has it occurred to you that if the many long term unemployed who consistently refuse to secure employment were to have their benefits removed, would release money to top up the benefits of people who need and deserve benefits, as well as releasing funds to pay the thousands of disabled folk (including myself) who currently do not receive a single penny in benefits from the Government?


    Chris
    ChrisD you are totally misunderstanding what I've said.

    I do NOT personally believe that everyone on benefits are scroungers.

    But these programmes would like everyone to believe that they are.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,484
    I'm not watching any of em, but "dogs on the dole"......I mean, really????????????

Similar Threads

  1. WOW campaign petition ...
    By Tatty_Tat in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-06-13, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •