Hello all,
Although I'm new here I've been reading these forums for a while and picked up a wealth of information which has been invaluable.

I'm in the process of completing a draft PIP application (we downloaded the form online so that we could go through our answers before applying and so that we could get the necessary paperwork from the medical professionals first).

I'm completing the form on behalf of my wife who has a variable condition called EDS Type 3 - basically the collagen in her joints is faulty and can lead to recurrent sprains, dislocations, fractures, premature osteoarthritis and chronic pain syndrome.

The issue we have is that although she has a lot more bad days than good this condition is very variable - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday she won't be able to walk without being in extreme pain, she will slide down the stairs on her bum, and then use her zimmer-frame on wheels (sorry it does have a technical term but its eluded me) to get to the sofa where she will just collapse for the rest of the day. I will have prepared her meals and the only time she would move is to go to the toilet.

However on Thursday she will be able to walk around the house and probably be able to satisfy the criteria for walking between 50-200 metres before reverting back to being in agony for Friday and Saturday, and then "better" for SUnday.

Reading online there seems to be a lot of horror stories in terms of the mobility assessment where if the examiner sees that you can walk a long distance on one day a week they chose this as the descriptor, even though they say it must apply for at least 50% of the time. We have kept a diary going back the last 3 months which definitely proves this isn't the case but does anyone have experience of having a variable condition and what happened with them in relation to the assessment and how they were treated or any additional advice to ensure that the 1 good day we have a week isn't interpreted by the examiner as happening all the time because we can do it, once?