Thread: Letter from Integrity Centre

Letter from Integrity Centre

Hoping someone can help me. I have been receiving ESA WRAG since October 2014. I received a letter today for a review of my ESA and the enclosed letter says they have been notified I may be getting income from paid employment (i'm not and waiting to go into hospital for two knee replacements). It would have to be a Saturday as I can't phone them until Monday and I can't understand why they are saying something about paid employment.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do until you can phone them on Monday. It may be a mistake or it may be that someone has reported you as they think you're working whilst claiming. Give them a ring and ask what it's about.

[QUOTE=noisynoodle;88553]Unfortunately there's not much you can do until you can phone them on Monday. It may be a mistake or it may be that someone has reported you as they think you're working whilst claiming. Give them a ring and ask what it's about.[/QUOTE

I thought the way it was worded it sounded like someone must have reported me too. I am not working so I know I have nothing to worry about but just so annoying when I wasn't due to be reviewed until February and get this. Just feel I have enough to deal with when I am due to go into hospital August for my first knee replacement. I will be on phone at 8am Monday morning.

Lots of jealous people out there who resent you getting benefits, even when deserved.

Someone once reported me for working in a pub - I had pulled two pints whilst the landlady had popped to the bank. LOL.

The DWP knew I used to occasionally work behind a bar before I was on ESA and they have to check even anonymous allegations.

Soon got it sorted out when I realised what had been reported.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The annoying thing is that you never know who it was who reported you. If I was working then fair enough but just can't imagine who would do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Camee View Post
    The annoying thing is that you never know who it was who reported you. If I was working then fair enough but just can't imagine who would do such a thing.
    It may not have been a report, it could be some internal DWP checking. (Council, tax man, etc. you would be surprised).

If it is a report the DWP often don't know who reported you themselves, they encourage anonymous reports.
    You can usually make a good guess who once you find out just what has been reported.

Remember though that's all it is, a guess. You could be guessing wrong.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Whilst it is not exactly the same, I will post my experience as an example of how these things can happen. I received a note from a local inspector from the council requesting that I get in touch with them. I called, and they said they could not say anything on the phone apart from that there was information about my claim for housing benefit that was under investigation, and that they wanted to call me in for a "chat". I was really worried and thought I had done something wrong.

Anyway, I went to the appointment, and the investigator told me that they had evidence that post was going to my house in a different name. When I thought about it, I realised that my sister was having parcels delivered to my house as she was out at work during the day. As soon as I provided her address, and they could see she was paying council tax at that address, they accepted that I was truly living alone.

Moody
    I wish they'd investigate me. I would piss myself watching someone sitting in a parked car outside my house with a notebook for weeks on end except for the odd trip to the supermarket, docs or hospital.

That would make for a thrilling read :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moody View Post
    I wish they'd investigate me. I would piss myself watching someone sitting in a parked car outside my house with a notebook for weeks on end except for the odd trip to the supermarket, docs or hospital.

That would make for a thrilling read :P
    That's what my life is like so not sure how someone would think I was working. Well suppose I will find out tomorrow, I will be up and phone them as soon as it opens as it is really annoying me.