Thread: PIP declined

PIP declined

The decision letter arrived from DWP and it was another rejection. Decided for my mandatory reconsideration, im only going to focus on 3, maybe 4 descriptors. Those being dressing and undressing, washing and bathing, engaging socially, and maybe budgeting decisions.

Im not sure id qualify on the budgeting decisions as at the time that i make them, im able to cope with that decision. What always messes me up is a lack of forward thinking and then coping with any changes to income. At best id hope for complex budgeting decisions.

I was awarded the prompting descriptor last time around for washing and bathing. im looking for the same again. Last time around they acknowledged a difficulty with selecting clean clothing, yet claimed it is covered by washing and bathing. This is something ill dispute. Id be looking for prompting on both descriptors.

Finally engaging socially. At the time of assessment i was awaiting an assessment with the local learning disabilities team. This went reasonably well. Although no diagnosis was confirmed, i was passed to a psychologist and got a report from learning disabilities. This is being posted to both myself and my GP. I'm waiting to receive it. It should arrive with plenty of time before my mandatory reconsideration is due.

This report should detail severe difficulties in social communication. The assessor mentioned ASD traits, but also mentioned social anxiety. Which will be most mentioned on the report is uncertain until i recieve it. As PIP is about the difficulties, rather than the diagnosis, im hoping her report should be sufficient evidence of difficulties in this area. Id hope this would result in enough evidence for at least the social support descriptor, which combined with the other activities would result in standard daily living.

There are other activities i personally feel i have a case for, but maybe lack strong evidence. Ill let these go this time to focus on the parts most likely to result in an award. Maybe when an award comes up for renewal, ill have built up more evidence.

Recieved letter today. they are confirming social anxiety. Main reason for no ASD diagnosis appears to be a lack of obsessions or fixations. She does acknowledge that i display ASD traits on the social interaction part.

Letter may be useful for ESA as it specifically mentions that i would need support with social anxieties in the workplace.

Keep the chin up Carl, try and maybe focus on your ESA assessment as much as the PIP MR, how many points did you receive for both components?

Best of luck

Focusing more on pip at the moment as I'm stuck on a waiting list for esa assessment. I am collecting evidence for esa though and intend on posting a copy of this latest report to them Monday.

Got 0 points this time. Last time around I got 3 points daily living.

Have you got any form of social work input? Maybe if you request a home assessment to let the assessor see you in your own environment this could help, I was automatically giving a home assessment not sure if this would of helped, but also had my social worker sitting in on assessment, even tho I received enhanced for both I requested a copy of the assessment report which turns out the assessor was a nurse, and she took note of EVERYTHING from the second we met, she noted my every movement etc, so perhaps if an assessor seen you in your own environment this may help them understand your difficulties etc?

Beth x

It's a little late for pip as I've already had the assessment.

May be an idea worth considering for esa.

Carl I've followed your threads for a while, it's pretty grim reading you've been refused time after time, the DWP maybe just think your condition is well managed and you require no assistance, maybe give ESA more attention then later on in the future reapply for PIP, you don't want to automatically think you qualify for ESA and end up being found fit for work then end up with no income at all, I'm assuming your going for a MR then tribunal if that fails for your PIP claim?

Beth x
    Last edited by Blastoff; 12-07-15 at 09:58.

With pip I will be doing MR, then tribunal if rejected.

I'm posting my report from learning difficulties psychiatrist tomorrow. It specifically mentions I'd need help managing social anxiety at work and wouldn't handle teamwork well. Hopefully that is enough evidence for at least wrag, if not support group.