Thread: phone or write dwp

phone or write dwp

hi can anyone clarify what to do if you dont agree with pip award
    1 do you contact dwp first by phone to discuss why ?
    2 or do you ask for reconsideration by phone or by letter
    i asked for atos report 12 days ago but not received as of friday 26 june
    my problem is very simple i have 40 year history of hearing problems
    i have hearing aids but cant were them much due to history of infections
    i pop them in at hospital or doctrs appointments 10/15 mins or if some one phones me on my landline have special hands free telephone with a volume control and use them for that
    i feel i should have got 2 points for communicating verbally but got 0 points

I'm no expert but I would write to them and make a copy of the letter you send for yourself and post it registered mail so someone has to sign for the letter.

Hiya I asked for a reconsideration by letter and got awarded pip about 3 weeks later

Does your current award total 6,7,10 or 11 points. If not adding an additional 2 points for communicating verbally wont make a difference at all to the overall award. That is unless you are requesting reconsideration on any other activities as well.

Id make your request in writing, but what do i know. I did that and got rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by carl30 View Post
    Does your current award total 6,7,10 or 11 points. If not adding an additional 2 points for communicating verbally wont make a difference at all to the overall award. That is unless you are requesting reconsideration on any other activities as well.

Id make your request in writing, but what do i know. I did that and got rejected.
    i got 10 points low rate award

Hi Samboleen

Can I ask what you got the 10 points for? Do you have any other disability apart from your hearing loss? I have only got 4 points so far (verbal communication) but feel I should have got points for engaging and was hoping to get points for mobility as well.

Also how long has the PIP process been for you? I have been waiting since Sept 2013.