Thread: Holidays

Holidays

Hiya all I'm thinking of going to florida with friends for two weeks, I have a blue disability badge as I have an immune system disease and two lung diseases I'm currently on esa and receiving standard rate pip
    I'm just wondering what kind of insurance is best for me? Help anyone?

You need insurance that covers everything including pre existing conditions. It will be very expensive because of where you are going.

I agee with beau make sure you get an insurance that covers all your medical conditions .Don't skimp it maybe costly but what price is peace of mind.

I also agree - one time in San Francisco I was taken to hospital (only for an infected gnat bite on my face which swelled my head hugh) and couldn't get past reception without them copying my insurance papers.

Have a great trip

PB

A tip. Carry your insurance cover if in America. If you were knocked over by a car the first thing the ambulance crew ask is 'do you have insurance' as medical bills in the USA can run into $10k plus. Good luck.

Even though I only go to Europe I have 3 copies of my insurance, repeat prescriptions and passport. One I keep in my travel wallet with my passport, one in my handbag that I carry around and one in a drawer where I am staying so it can easily be found.
    If there is any incidence your are asked for insurance and passport. This is from an unfortunate hospital admission I once had abroad.

Also if you are doing a fly drive you can't use your blue badge over there.(This only applies in Florida, as far as I know) You need to apply to get one of their temporary blue badges. I think mine cost a couple of pounds but so worth it.

We flew to America last year and it cost us a lot more in insurance - even though we were only there one night before boarding a ship and moving on.
    I copy all my travel documents onto a memory stick as well as taking a second copy.
    Sea Queen

Sea queen - what a good idea never thought of doing docs on memory stick before x

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    We flew to America last year and it cost us a lot more in insurance - even though we were only there one night before boarding a ship and moving on.
    I copy all my travel documents onto a memory stick as well as taking a second copy.

Pointless on asking advice Donna if you won't keep track of your thread, why would having PIP affect your insurance? It's the same with the buss pass thread you asked the same question twice