Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a dentist appointment, but ive been declared fit for work, ESA is being recons

I have a dentist appointment, but ive been declared fit for work, ESA is being recons

reconsidered.

Will I still get free dentistry work?

I could go on JSA but im hoping the ESA reconsideration wont take long. Also the appeal/reconsideration is likely to be successful because I meet their criteria for being unfit for work I just didnt give enough/correct info at the work assessment due to my mental health problems.

But anyway I have the ESA letter of proof that the dentist need to give me free work.

If I dont mention that im not on ESA (for now at least) will they know im not on it and not give me the free dentistry work?

Im in alot of pain and I dont have much money so im willing to do what ever it takes to get the dentistry work done and today, (my appointment is today) will they be able to tell that im technically not on ESA when I go there today?

Also what kind of trouble will I get in if I tell them im on ESA when im not?

Im stuck because im not allowed free dental work if im not on ESA/JSA, I should be on ESA if it wasnt for the stupid corrupt work assessment, and I dont have the cash to pay normally (unless its like 30 pounds or less I need a filling or 2 or 3) and im in so much pain im willing to take great risks just to get rid of the pain.

Its like im being forced into an illegal act via pain compliance. Someone may as well be twisting my arm behind my back and instructing me to commit fraud or you will get even more intense agony.

Could you apply for the nhs low income scheme as you presumably have nil income at the moment.

NHS low income scheme

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...me-scheme.aspx

If you pay for your dental treatment now you can claim the money back when you apply for the scheme.

Ridiculous system since when/if you appeal the ESA decision you would be back on ESA from the date it ended.

Have a word with your dentist and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by carl30 View Post
    Could you apply for the nhs low income scheme as you presumably have nil income at the moment.
    I reckon so, I have nothing coming in atm. But I dont want to cause the dentist to say no, pay up now or we wont treat u. Ive already told them Im on ESA because when I booked it I was.

I guess I could apply for JSA today after the dentistry work and that way by the time the dentists try to claim their money from the government for my work I will be on JSA!?

thanks btw !!
    Last edited by JohnGreen; 09-06-15 at 09:57.

thanks Lindy Im afraid to do that because the dentists only care about money and if I spook them they will probably say pay in full or no work will be done, and if I dont have the cash I will be in alot of pain for a relatively long time.

I am quite willing to pay but I dont know how much a simple filling or 2 costs if its like 30 pounds no problem but more and theres no way I can pay.

I guess I could apply for JSA today? That way by the time the dentist send the government the bill I will be on JSA?
    Last edited by JohnGreen; 09-06-15 at 09:54.

Don't be tempted to lie.....if they find out, you will have to pay a penalty on top of the bill and could be prosecuted. If you apply for low income help or sign for JSA now and keep the bill you can get the costs refunded. This leaflet shows the standard NHS charge payable if you don't qualify for free help at the time of appointment and for check up, scale & polish and any treatment needed (apart from crowns or dentures) the charge is £49. http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HealthCosts...April_2013.pdf

But I wont be able to pay the full amount right now because I dont have the money, I might not be able to afford the reduced amount right now even (and thats something ud get paid back later after paying the full amount now), my pain is right now, so I dont have a choice but to lie.

Its pain or lie. Right now the only sane option is to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    Don't be tempted to lie.....if they find out, you will have to pay a penalty on top of the bill and could be prosecuted. If you apply for low income help or sign for JSA now and keep the bill you can get the costs refunded. This leaflet shows the standard NHS charge payable if you don't qualify for free help at the time of appointment and for check up, scale & polish and any treatment needed (apart from crowns or dentures) the charge is £49. http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HealthCosts...April_2013.pdf
    But I wont be able to pay the full amount right now because I dont have the money, I might not be able to afford the reduced amount right now even (and thats something ud get paid back later after paying the full amount now), my pain is right now, so I dont have a choice but to lie.

Its pain or lie. Right now due to the severity of the pain, the only sane option is to lie.

If it's an NHS Dentist the max charge is ?51.30 except for crowns etc (just checked current rates) and if you apply for low income help today you can get that refunded.

If you lie on the form at the dentist and show them your letter proving ESA from the past, it is still very likely to be picked up when the form goes off from the dentist to the NHS (when they claim their fees). It will be checked and you will be asked to prove you were on ESA on the date of treatment. You could receive a ?100 fine on top of the bill, plus potential criminal prosecution for fraud.
    Last edited by noisynoodle; 09-06-15 at 10:25.

If you are inn pain just go to the dentist and get it sorted. Remember iif you had CBESA you'd still pay for prescriptions or treatment at NHS dentist.

I always get asked if I need to pay and are surprised when I say 'yes'. I actually took out a health plan recently so get charges refunded. I also got £40 in shopping vouchers as a thank you.

https://www.simplyhealth.co.uk/sh/pa...5937EC403.app1