Thread: Called to job centre?

Called to job centre?

Hi
    My friend has been on ESA for about 1 year now and they have received a letter asking them to go in to the local job centre for an ESA check up to see if it still ok for him?
    He has just been awarded PIP.
    Question is this normal practice to call someone in?
    Regards

If he is in wrag then yes it's normal. If in the support group then no so read the letter carefully to see if the word mandatory is used if not ring and cancel it.

It all depends on a few things you have not told us.

Has your friend actually been awarded ESA or are they still in assesment phase?
    (i.e. has there been an assesment made and an award of one or other ESA group given or are they still waiting?).

If an award has been made then is your friend in Support Group or Work Related Activites Group?

We could give long answers about what applies when and in which group, but it would make things simpler all round if you can give us a few more details.
    Also makes it easier for you and your friend as you won't have to read about things that don't apply in your circumstances.

Quick answer is- yes they can call you in to the jobcenter, it is normal. Just how and why they can call you in depends on the answers you can give to the questions above.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi
    He has been awarded ESA and he is in the support group (for about a year now)
    On the letter it says about it being to make sure he is on the right benefits.

Thanks for clarifying that,

Yes its normal, in fact we have had the same question asked quite a bit recently.

If you are in ESA Support Group you do not have to attend any Work Focused Interviews.
    You do not have to do any Work Related Activities.

Other interviews for people in Support Group may or may not be mandatory. Check what it says on the letter.

Most of these are just because they have not seen you for a while and need to put a tick on a form to say that they haven't forgotten you and are still in contact.

They don't usually give mandatory appointments to people in SG, but they can do in certain circumstances.
    (Its just the work related stuff that they cannot mandate).

Heres a link to the same question asked just the other day.
    (You might notice my answer is the same, just copied and pasted it).
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...-at-job-centre
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-06-15 at 20:07.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.