Thread: Developing OCD of Brown Envelopes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Developing OCD of Brown Envelopes

I appear to have developed a new obsession. Sitting around waiting for brown envelopes. Hoping they contain good news, but knowing the reality is that they either wont arrive or will be bad news. I feel much less anxious after i know the postman has been and gone.

Really need to find a new hobby. Something to pass the time.

I keep checking bank account on my phone see if anyone's paid me any money lol could be classed as new illness for ESA reclaim lol

Quote Originally Posted by suebear View Post
    I keep checking bank account on my phone see if anyone's paid me any money lol could be classed as new illness for ESA reclaim lol
    This is very much like me. I had my PIP medical, I was not expecting to hear for at least 4 weeks, and I expected to fail. About a week after the medical, I checked my bank to find an unexpected large amount in my account, (turned out to be backdated PIP). Two days later I checked my account again, and there was another payment, (backdated EDP). Now I check every day. Sadly no further unexpected payments.

when a brown envelope arrives now I get a sick to my stomach feeling of dread
    Since January my benefits have reduced no fewer than 8 times
    yesterday two envelopes that although were not brown, were not from anywhere I recognised, so I was very anxious,
    however, I was pleased once I opened them as one was an apology and £5 voucher from my local sainsburys (apparently thet had had a fire and were shut for a bit)(I hadn,t noticed lol )
    the other was notification that our holiday grant had been approved
    I wasnt sure if we would get one this year as my son turns 17 in July and the cut off is age 17, but it seems we squeezed one last one in
    we usually go B&B but this year we are going all inclusive as I have found an all inclusive break for just over the cost of my voucher and this year we will not have the funds for eating out
    I can now look forward to next weeks post (unless there is some other cut on its way) as the voucher usually arrives a few days after the notification

iv had my pip, esa sorted and all is stable financially. But i am still scared of any letter from the dwp. All those years of trying to sort out and appeal decisions have left their mark. Absolutely nothing feels certain.