Thread: PIP waiting times ruled "Unlawful"

PIP waiting times ruled "Unlawful"

The High Court has ruled that long waits for PIP assessment are "unlawful".

Just what this is going to mean in practice remains to be seen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33020987
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

In reality, very little I suspect. Some time has past since the above challenged was launched. In the mean time DWP has had chance to marginally improve waiting times for initial f2f assessments. However, thereafter you still face a lengthy wait.

Bearing in mind the roll out of more pip assessments later in the year. could bring things to a sudden halt again.
    Only time will tell.

Hi I put my wifes PIP forms in on 11th May and we had assesment with Capita on 1st June I hope things continue to be smooth

Being as cynical as I am, my prediction would be they will hurry up the decisions in an adverse way so they have done their side of things then it will take 3 times as long to appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
    Hi I put my wifes PIP forms in on 11th May and we had assesment with Capita on 1st June I hope things continue to be smooth
    Great that waiting times appear to be falling. I was waiting about 4 months. Im aware that was pretty good at the time with many waiting much longer.

I've put a new claim in again so as long as i don't change my mind, then ill probably be getting assessed at some point in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    Being as cynical as I am, my prediction would be they will hurry up the decisions in an adverse way so they have done their side of things then it will take 3 times as long to appeal.
    Thats not cynical, its just experience of how the DWP work things.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.