Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor refuses wheelchair referral

Just thought I would throw this snippet of information into the mix. I have been given a self propelled wheelchair although an attendant pushed type was asked for and needed. The reason for this is ( I was informed ) was that because I needed a tilt in motion wheelchair (able to recline thus release pressure from lower back) and the NHS do not supply an attendant type tilt in motion wheelchair. As it turns out it is of little consequence to me apart from having to make sure that DWP were informed as to why I had been given a manual wheelchair and that indeed an attendant still needs to push me along. If this was not made clear then it may be assumed that I could propel myself and this could have altered my benefit entitlement. To anyone else in this position be careful if they supply you with a gas reclining chair as they do not fold down very well and are very heavy I'm told. From the Dr first asking for a chair for me to actually getting it delivered is another long tale on its own and ended up with me talking directly to the woman at the top.

If your condition has changed or got worse then you should let the DWP know, you can be RE-assessed. Comes under "if anything changes let us know" bit, if you read the DLA letters that you get

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    If your condition has changed or got worse then you should let the DWP know, you can be RE-assessed. Comes under "if anything changes let us know" bit, if you read the DLA letters that you get
    Just remember because you are still on DLA any change of circumstances will result in you being assessed under the new PIP criteria this will of course happen anyway (in the course of time) but something that needs considering as PIP has tougher qualification. pdf timetable for PIP replacing DLA - Gov.UK https://www.google.co.uk/#q=dla+to+pip+2015
    Last edited by Blue; 31-05-15 at 09:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Just remember because you are still on DLA any change of circumstances will result in you being assessed under the new PIP criteria this will of course happen anyway (in the course of time) but something that needs considering as PIP has tougher qualification. pdf timetable for PIP replacing DLA - Gov.UK https://www.google.co.uk/#q=dla+to+pip+2015
    Yes, I am being re-assessed under PIP.