Thread: "enhanced" J.S.A.

"enhanced" J.S.A.

Hi Guys & Girls.
    Does anyone know how much the "enhancement" is for J.S.A? ...Only while my E.S.A. appeal is going through it's motions, and my case isn't going to be heard until at least August... I'm going back onto J.S.A.
    I haven't got to sign on until the 3rd of June, so won't get paid that until June 8th... and seeing as I have a bit of O.C.D.
    I like to know exactly what's coming in and going out of my bank account, and when.
    Thankfully My P.I.P. will see me through until I get the J.S.A. so it's not an emergency... Gaz.

Hi Gaz. I think it's £15.75 for a single person and £22.60 for a couple. Hope this helps

Good luck

Maz

You can find all current benefit rates and premiums/enhancements here:
    JSA rates and premiums are on page 2.

http://www.focusondisability.org.uk/brates-1.html
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Guys.... it definitely looks like it's the right move to go back onto J.S.A. until my hearing comes up.
    I've just got to be a bit thicker skinned and not care when I apply for work that I have no chance of getting to.
    It's just a horrible feeling when the potential employer calls me, and I have to tell them "sorry, but you're too far away"

Hi, if you tell the employer your too far away, the dwp may sanction you, unless it's more than 90 minutes away

sass63y is right with that,

90 minutes travel each way (by public transport) is the cut off for being able to refuse to go to an interview and being able to refuse a job offer.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for the information both.... I'll keep that in mind.... I wouldn't refuse an interview though, never have.
    If I go to one that I "really" don't want to do... I just tell them how things are with me and my health, and how long it will take me to get there on a daily basis.. and they just lose interest. (which works for me)
    Hope seems to pop it's head into my life on occasions too..... Today for instance.. I went to visit my parents, and they were telling me that their next door neighbour now works at the hospital where I stayed whilst recovering from my brain injury.
    He's told them, that there are vacancies there now, and he'll find out how I should apply.
    Some are full time jobs (which would suit me) and some are part time.
    I'll have to be careful with the amount of hours I'm allowed to work before it starts affecting any benefits that I currently get.
    But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it... Gaz