Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobility roadshow

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I'll go if my new electric hybrid wheelchair has turned up as I don't really want to 'donate' £25 to hire a scooter for half a day's use.
    It's a deposit and then you get the £25 back - I've booked it and paid. But you do get it back or you can leave it as a donation.

Considering it. Just short of a five hour drive. I was looking at B&Bs, some decent ones available.

Not sure if it would be better to drive down in the morning, then go round the exhibition, then stay the night and drive back the next day.
    Or
    Drive down, stay the night, go round the exhibition and drive back straight after it.

Just to add i have booked double room two night (thur/fri) premier inn east derby £74 total. Cheap as chips

@AmyS myself and @reddivine are looking for accommodation. PM me details if you've found somewhere good

Might even do some test driving:S Wheeeeeee

Hi both (Reddivine and TheFlyingKidney).

I'm cheating I'm staying the night before with my son's Great Uncle - have to say it will be 'good'. Their in their 80's so accommodation will be all flat - one level and some adaptations. I can park in their driveway - about 5 feet from the front door - bliss.

Been away and could log in the forum!! Latest news me and Jman are going. Now the question is WHO is going and WHEN and which hotel y'all at?? Be great if we could meet. Off to do hotel research.........

We've booked the Radisson Blu East Midlands airport. Sorry blue, looked at the Premier Inn and it had lousy reviews on hotels.com. Take earplugs! We're doing thurs/fri so anyone around the FRIDAY, give us a shout!!

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    We've booked the Radisson Blu East Midlands airport. Sorry blue, looked at the Premier Inn and it had lousy reviews on hotels.com. Take earplugs! We're doing thurs/fri so anyone around the FRIDAY, give us a shout!!
    I'll be there Thursday most of the day - will have to see how the day goes - may leave early or stay until the end

Does anyone know if you really need to register or can you just turn up? Don't know whether I will be able to make it or not but it would be on the Saturday as I have to depend on hubby to take me and he works.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Does anyone know if you really need to register or can you just turn up? Don't know whether I will be able to make it or not but it would be on the Saturday as I have to depend on hubby to take me and he works.
    I've registered online which is free. They probably want people to register for statistics. I don't think I'd stay overnight - depends if there are any scooters available too.

I was looking at the Radisson Blue but the website doesn't like the promotional code so to you I give the finger!