Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scooter Hire In London

Scooter Hire In London

Hi I have been trying to find a Disability Scooter in London to hire for a day and cant seem to find anywhere unless I hire for a week.

I'm going into Wembley stadium on sat 5th July to watch ACDC last ever gig and only need it for around 3 hours so don't really want to pay loads of money for a weeks hire.

does anyone know of anywhere that might hire me one for the day or someone that may have one I can hire for the day I don't mind paying for a days hire and got lots of ID and will be only going about 100yards from the premier hotel to the stadium and back.

thanks for any advice or help

Quote Originally Posted by sealover1 View Post
    Hi I have been trying to find a Disability Scooter in London to hire for a day and cant seem to find anywhere unless I hire for a week.

I'm going into Wembley stadium on sat 5th July to watch ACDC last ever gig and only need it for around 3 hours so don't really want to pay loads of money for a weeks hire.

does anyone know of anywhere that might hire me one for the day or someone that may have one I can hire for the day I don't mind paying for a days hire and got lots of ID and will be only going about 100yards from the premier hotel to the stadium and back.

thanks for any advice or help
    May be a silly question - have you considered Shopmobility?

http://www.transportforall.org.uk/personal/mobility/

Where I live it's £3.00 from 8am to 10pm.

Just looked at the website for Wembley: http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheSta...DisabledAccess

Doesn't say anything about scooter access only Wheelchair?
    Last edited by AmyS; 21-05-15 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyS View Post
    May be a silly question - have you considered Shopmobility?

http://www.transportforall.org.uk/personal/mobility/

Where I live it's £3.00 from 8am to 10pm.

Just looked at the website for Wembley: http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheSta...DisabledAccess

Doesn't say anything about scooter access only Wheelchair?
    yes I checked and a scooter is ok but I don't really mind if its a wheel chair if it was cheaper

never heard of shop mobility but if they close at 10pm it would not be late enough as they play until 10.30pm and would take a while to get back to them at the shop. shame that as it would of been idea if it was another hour later

You contact places like Red Cross etc and they will loan a wheelchair for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyS View Post
    You contact places like Red Cross etc and they will loan a wheelchair for a couple of days.
    I need someone to bring it to the hotel really amy as I don't know the area and cant walk round looking if I cant find one to hire that can drop off I will have to find one where I live and drive down to London I really wanted to go by train but I wont pay a weeks hire to some rip off London company when I only want it for 3 hours

thanks for the ideas though x

Have you tried asking the hotel to help?

They should know whats available in their area.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

yes I tried them they had a job understanding me being from devon lol but come the end said no they cant help. you'd think Wembley would hire them most places do now this is the 1st time I have had trouble finding a wheel chair to hire for a day.
    even worse being our countries capital

Your best bet, as Amy said, is to contact Shopmobility which is next door to Wembley Stadium. BUT they won't allow you to take the scooter out of the precinct so that's no use.

As you have discovered there is the possibility of hiring a manual wheelchair but you would need to hire it for a week even if you only need it for a day.

Company 'Real Freedom'
    Tel 0800 025 8005

Cost
    £20 to hire
    £20 deposit - I assume you get this back if returned in good order
    £20 delivery to your hotel and pick up the following day by arrangement

You'd probably need to let the housekeeper and receptionist know what your plans were so your wheelchair doesn't get lost in the hotel if delivered before you arrive.

If the Arena is like the one in Manchester you've got a wheelchair space plus free PA seat.

Alternatively, as mentioned, the British Red Cross would loan you a manual wheelchair for a few weeks in exchange for a 'donation' e.g. £20 but would charge for delivery and picking up unless you could pick it up direct.

It might work out cheaper to get the chair in prior to the concert and take it with you to the concert then return it once you're back home.

Sounds like it'll be a great concert.

Heres one:
    https://www.london-wheelchair-rental...e-and-book/add

I filled the form to quote for 5 JUly to 6 July, delivery to and pickup from London Wembly Park hotel (HA9 8HQ), standard lightweight folding wheelchair.

£25 rental, £10 each for delivery / pickup.
    Total quoted cost £45
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

try these guys http://www.mobilityrent.co.uk/?gclid...tA4nUI5iXsXge- if you check the FAQ's you will see they will deliver and collect from a hotel in london