Thread: Re-assessment gathering evidence

Re-assessment gathering evidence

Hello I have been in the Support Group of ESA for Agoraphobia/Social-Anxiety/Severe Depression since June 2014. My reassessment is due for Decemember 2015 but I am worried about gathering evidence as I feel it matter most with a case for mental health issues. I don't know how to go about this... and it's worrying me to the point I want to hurt myself

You can use previous evidence and any new evidence as long as your condition hasn't improved and your consultant or GP can back that up then you prob will stay in the support group, Decembers a long way away try not to worry

Quote Originally Posted by Beddz View Post
    Hello I have been in the Support Group of ESA for Agoraphobia/Social-Anxiety/Severe Depression since June 2014. My reassessment is due for Decemember 2015 but I am worried about gathering evidence as I feel it matter most with a case for mental health issues. I don't know how to go about this... and it's worrying me to the point I want to hurt myself
    As mental health can vary so much, its hard to give specifics. Id just gather as much evidence as you can possibly find. Particularly anything medical, or support related. For example i have evidence of taking antidepressants, and attending a mental health centre. Probably not the best evidence but with mental health you cant provide an x-ray or blood test that 100% proves things beyond any doubt.

PS. I haven't had my assessment yet so cant say how they take my evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
    You can use previous evidence and any new evidence as long as your condition hasn't improved and your consultant or GP can back that up then you prob will stay in the support group, Decembers a long way away try not to worry
    My GP did said he would book me an appointment with him and we'd go through the discriptors and note down which affect me then he would write his own report with it also. I just think I should have more thats all
    Last edited by Beddz; 19-05-15 at 12:21.

As you have mental health issues, try not to let this assessment bother you, your GP sounds pretty good and understanding, get some evidence every now and again, but lots of assessments are paper based remember, enjoy the summer and maybe start to gather GP notes in October/November

Beth x

I used the questionnaire from the Rethink site, and humbly asked my psychiatrist and psychologist to answer how I have certain difficulties with each descriptor. My psychologist, (a doctor), was brilliant with this, but the psychiatrist done a letter summarising the points. i also kept the reports sent from my psychiatrist to my GP, and details of all appointments and courses I have attended, including a hearing voices group.

Whether the above is sufficient or not will be decided in the next couple of weeks.