Thread: Fiat 500L with boot hoist

Fiat 500L with boot hoist

I popped into the Motability One Big Day roadshow yesterday. I have been driving cars fitted with a boot hoist for sometime, but always find the whole scooter v chair+ hoist + car combinations tricky and feel a little bit overwhelmed if I'm honest. It doesn't help that I have very little natural interest in cars, so when faced with a list of models I've little idea to where to start. The reality is that there is never a huge choice of suitable cars, and a lot of cars don't have a high enough boot opening.

I was interested to see Fiat yesterday, who had a 500L fully adapted with hand controls and boot hoist, on display. The car experts may well have a different opinion to me, but it looks like a great car for a hoist - it's more compact than a lot of suitable cars and is the right shape. The back seat folds in half (most cars have 3 folding back seats) which means you could have a 5 seater and still have half a back seat. There is also a 7 seater.

And at the moment the auto (semi auto) 5 seater has an AP of 195 which is much lower than other suitable vehicles. So not in any way a recommendation, just a heads up for anyone like me that I reckon it's worth investigating further. I know I wouldn't have considered it from a list of cars, not sure why.

That's annoying as I missed it . . . http://www.motability.co.uk/whats-on...anchester-2015

I really like this car and am pleased it can accommodate scooter and hoist. There is not a full automatic though - only semi automatic. Anyone got any feedback on this? Or on the 1.3 engine?

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I really like this car and am pleased it can accommodate scooter and hoist. There is not a full automatic though - only semi automatic. Anyone got any feedback on this? Or on the 1.3 engine?
    hi, i has a test drive in one of these yesterday. the semi-auto takes a bit of getting used to. the accelerator is a bit heaver to use than my current nissan note, then you get a sudden boost in speed. as it's a semi it also rolls slightly unlike my current auto. the car was comfy enough and the seat back was low enough for my 5ft0 to see past it. for those looking to put a hoist in i measured the boot opening as 38"w x 34" H x 37"L with the seats slid forward.