Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future gardening!!

Future gardening!!

Hey up, nothing been on here for a while. We are kind of looking ahead to our "hypothetical garden" cuz we want to move.
    I invested in a simple garden table, cuz I can no longer bend or kneel to sow seeds or potting.
    Just bought a greenhouse (in bits). Boyfriend thinks I'm MAD. But its for him and the NEXT garden....
    Been to a plant swap......great way to get plants for nowt!

Friend gave me a mystery plant...need to wait till it flowers to identify.!
    Promised to run a plant stall for the church in July!!!!(aaaaaargh!!)

Have you thought about raised beds?
    No need for kneeling or too much bending.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=812

http://www.carryongardening.org.uk/raised-beds.aspx
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I am having my garden redone and am having raised beds so that I can look after it. Ramped up to the garden too so I can get to the greenhouse. Work has been going on for over 6 months now due to the weather putting it to a halt throughout the winter.

As a wheelchair user its deffo gonna be raised beds. But as beau will know the actual structure work is expensive and takes a while. But 1st we needs a house and a garden to move into!

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    As a wheelchair user its deffo gonna be raised beds. But as beau will know the actual structure work is expensive and takes a while. But 1st we needs a house and a garden to move into!
    I'll supply food, drink and patio chairs to sit in while weeding! Sunshine is optional! LOL

Be careful, we take you up on that. Also how are you with assembling greenhouses?

I'm a whizz kid with an 'Allen Key' lol

Always happy to receive gardening parties!

Talking of parties I'm just been invited out to a Tapas eatery - 7 of us going - very international gathering from Mexico, Sweden, New Zealand, USA and UK!

To quote the girl, "You've got the job"

I think raised beds or a sunken garden will be the ticket. We have plans.. ye gods, the plans...!
    The garden table pucka investment.. That greenhouse.. Time, and possibly blood, swearing, sweat and tears will tell!

Changed my mind on raised beds, having a raised border instead so it is easier for him indoors to mow round.
    Turf has been laid today, 3 men at it all day and it still isn't all done. 200 sq metres of turf is almost down and I will need some more yet. Just hoping hubby will get his act together and put the sprinklers out. Can't afford to let it die off the price it is.

Really looking forward to having a decent garden at the end of it all. Just hope the weather improves enough to sit on the patio which took 140 sq metres of Indian Stone. Got the patio furniture ready to go out for when it is all finished. A couple of lampposts to go either side of the garden entrance, a colourful peacock to fasten to the sleepers and some solar lights. Also some wooden toadstools we bought in N Yorkshire, a bird bath and feeders to go out in the back. Already have from years ago some stone planters that will go on the front at the side of the drive along with some resin moles and frogs, where there is extra parking space. Really nice birdbath to go in the middle of the front lawn too.

Got the bedding plants already to go in the tubs under the bay window and a hardy fuscia to go in a copper coal bucket which will stand on a manhole cover down the side of the house by the path.
    Saw some metal ducks today that I really liked but can't think where they would go.
    Before I get anything else and end up overpowered I need to see it with what I already have.
    Last edited by beau; 18-06-15 at 18:21.

Sounds amazing Beau! Please post a picture when it's done.