Thread: plinths

cjdavies

Exclamation plinths

I dont like the look of disabled toilets and am considering a plinth

How robust are they and are they guaranteed

Also do I have to have a specific toilet to fit it or are there universal sizes?

I am also concerned that if I raise the toilet will the outlet still fit or can it be adjusted

You mean to go under the toilet?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

So you don't like the 'look' of accessible toilets! I'm not sure that I take aesthetics into account when sat on my throne. There could be a slight snag with a plinth unless you plan to source one with a hole.

I think you must have a good sense of humour as it raaised a smile on my face! I'm sure people will share other thoughts on this subject at their convenience. lol

OMG LT. Did you write for the Carry on Films.

I think a raised seat or a toilet chair that goes over the bowl, would be better & easier.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

If you were to raise the toilet the outlet would need to be adapted. However you can buy Porcelain toilets in varying heights to suit most disabilities ask you local plumber supplies. I had one that cost no more than any of the other 'Designer' thrones

Hi I agree with Stephen, Plinths arent that cost effective as you need to pay somebody to replace the hole. We do a porcelain toilet that will do the job and will work out cheaper than buying a plinth and changing the hole in the wall. Email me for more details