Thread: Atos Medical after waiting over two years

Atos Medical after waiting over two years

Ive got my medical at atos next week after waiting since 22/02/12. Do i answer all my question relating to the medical questionairre that i filled in at that time? Not alot has changed apart from a recent problem that i am seeing a consultant for in a few weeks. It seems rediculous that ive had to wait for that long. Anyone have any tips for me.
    Many thanks

I assume this is for PIP?
    (atos dont do the ESA anymore).

Take a read of the PIP "sticky" thread. (click the blue text)

http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...me-reflections

Lots of excelent advice there.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-04-15 at 10:03.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by wispafish View Post
    Ive got my medical at atos next week after waiting since 22/02/12. Do i answer all my question relating to the medical questionairre that i filled in at that time? Not alot has changed apart from a recent problem that i am seeing a consultant for in a few weeks. It seems rediculous that ive had to wait for that long. Anyone have any tips for me.
    Many thanks
    Sorry meant to be 22/02/13 since ive been waiting. Its for esa. Like i said ive been waiting 2 years. It may not be atos just its at the same building so just presumed.

Quote Originally Posted by wispafish View Post
    Many thanks
    Not familiar with ATOS medicals. Only had a face2face assessment at home for PIP.

Nukecad has a provide a link.

Ah, it will be Maximus then, they have taken over from Atos for ESA assessments, but they are using the same buildings and staff to start with.

We dont have an ESA sticky, but most of the advice given in the PIP one is still relevant.
    Although the descriptors are slightly different, because ESA is about working not daily living, they are not that different and the assesment itself is fairly similar so the advice about how to "paint a picture" of your abilities will stand you in good stead.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

If you've received any more information about your condition since the time you made your application (ESA50), you should copy it and take it with you to the assessment (Medical) and ask the assessor to read it before they begin and then enclose it in your file. If you don't have a Face to Face assessment, you can send it on to them at that ATOS/MAXIMUS office address and ask them to include it in your file. You can also do a copy and send it to the DWP for the attention of the DM at the address on your last letter from them, be sure to put your name DOB & NI number at the top of all sheets.

All the best with it.
    Last edited by Jard; 24-04-15 at 14:16. Reason: Adding text