Thread: A little down, really crappy birthday!

A little down, really crappy birthday!

I'm just having a little moan as I feel quite sorry for myself today.

It's my 29th birthday and I am having a really bad day.

I've been feeling a bit emotional anyway, yesterday I took a bad fall down the stairs too so I'm in more pain.

This morning I got up early and the dog had to go for a short walk early as he is afraid of the bin men! Took him with my Mum who helps with him and she has been moaning and being negative for a few months and everyday, I asked her the other day if she would allow me one day without it.
    We had to change our way as the bin men came along and he wouldn't move on, it involved going up a hill and a few steps, she was moaning on and on about it (she had high blood pressure and says everything will make her ill), I asked her to please stop as she was upsetting me, but she didn't, then said she would go that way but it would kill her. I got very upset as I asked for one day without it.
    I took the dog that way, she went another and when I got home she blamed everything but herself for saying it. I had a tearful morning and spent it upset. Finally I got my cards and present from my Nan and Mother. Ok, the day was moving on but still it wasn't perfect.

Then I have got the post and my sociopath aunt who we have had to stop talking to as she was just so cruel has sent a card with an awful snotty letter in it and to tell me another Aunt has died last week and nobody even phoned to say, but I was told in my card!

So yeah, just feeling quite sorry for myself today, I asked if we could have put off the cards and presents to do it over tomorrow, but apparently no, I was so tearful earlier, now I could laugh it's just that bad.
    I'm supposed to go out for a meal later and I'm supposed to put on a smile for them, even though this day has just been crap!

I always try to be into my birthday for my Mother as I know it's partly her day, but I'm sad she ruined today for me as I always try to pretend I am fine for hers or Mothers day, even if I feel like I cannot walk!

Sorry for the long post, just feel sorry for myself!

Happy Birthday,sorry you are feeling down,have a (((hug)))from me
    I hope the afternoon is better for you and that you can enjoy your meal tonight

Happy Birthday Birdwatcher.

Happy Birthday birdwatcher

It was mine a couple of weeks ago, had a downer that day - had a solitary birthday card from my sister, and my twin forgot 'our' birthday, mother's memory not so good so didn't expect her to remember. Since my mother's surgery - the world is against her - very negative and keeps telling me and my siblings 'I hope you die young'. Ummm

Had a very quiet day alone.

On a positive note - weather is good and a few of us here have wished you a 'happy birthday' - also a virtual hug sent your way.

I felt very alone that day.

Thank you for the replies, birthday wishes and virtual hugs, they are lovely thank you.

Sorry to be so down! You know when you just want a nice day, doesn't have to be perfect, but you know, just a nice day where people can put aside their crap for you like you do for them!

I'm trying to put it behind me and have a nice afternoon, but it feels like pretending. It's just made me quite low really.

Sorry to you all who have also had awful birthday's too.

Happy Birthday Birdwatcher

I hope your day improves and that you have a pleasant meal out tonight.

Happy Birthday birdwatcher . . .

Attachment 1248
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A-Parcel.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Happy Birthday birdwatcher . . .

Attachment 1248
    Wow - that's brilliant

Thank you all for your kindness and wishes, you are all so very sweet!

I went to the meal and it was all ok. To be honest I am still sad about it all today, I asked my Mother to talk about it, she has barely apologised for what she did and if it were me I would have to be grovelling and trying to make it up to her, so now she is in a strop/sulk as I have upset her in daring to mention how upset I was that she ruined my birthday with her own selfishness.

Turning 29 I think has to be a mark/milestone where I decide what I really want out of life and not what others want me to do.
    I don't want this sort of thing everyday, I am very ill and she is just making me feel worse.
    I don't know how, but I am going to have to try to change my life and get away.

Happy birthday to you! Many many happy returns of this day! Sorry for being late..