Thread: Council tax issue.

Council tax issue.

hello all, anyone help me with this issue. i've received a letter from my local council informing me the amount I pay toward my council tax has now increased because my benefits have increased since April.

As I have received an increase in DWP benefits the council tax reduction I receive has been decreased so I owe more. Rather shocked, not at the issue of paying I'm ok to pay my way, just the shock of how much it's gone up!! I contacted the revenue office at my council HQ and received a brief email saying, your DWP benefit has increased so your reduction has decreased, its simple if you can afford more you should pay more!! nice.

Any advice or thoughts would be welcome. Thanks all.

Theyve done it to me to. My child started a job at 5.20 per hour. She works 30 hrs per week. My housing Ben has stopped and I now owe £1,600.00 On council tax. It's cos she's working.
    The government is hiding how badly they've changed e every thing so people don't know.
    I'm now losing our home and I'm so ill. I don't care anymore. They've lied again. All benefits are affected badly w this new cap n other Benefit changes. See speye.wordPress.com

Flowers

So sorry to hear of your woes, it's dreadful what is happening to you, have no advice but thinking about you, take care,

Mags