Thread: Pension credit and ESA Claim. Help

Pension credit and ESA Claim. Help

Hi. I'm currently in receipt of ESA income based and I'm considering claiming with my partner who receives Pension Credit Guarantee, income based. I'm due to retire myself in November and will be eligible for Pension Credit Guarentee, income based. If I claim with him now, what are our options and how will it affect the money we currently receive? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi Jane, Not entirely sure as to how it would affect claiming with your partner, bit I have known at least 2 people who were on ESA but as soon as pointed out to them they able to claim pension credit, resulting in same amount of money, they were thankful for the information. This means no jumping through hoops or any further assessments. If you're able to claim pension credit, am of opinion you should do so ASAP or sooner!

You mention you are both on income based and think therefore that your money shouldn't be so different to that you are currently receiving as a couple. It would be beneficial to obtain a benefit check up which you should be able to obtain at local CAB or welfare rights office. failing this, if you have a social landlord, they sometimes have their own in house benefits advisors to make sure their tenants are receiving what should be entitled to which could equate to assistance with housing benefit and/or council tax assistance (depending on your local authority).

Good luck with it.

Hi Jane, Not entirely sure as to how it would affect claiming with your partner, bit I have known at least 2 people who were on ESA but as soon as pointed out to them they able to claim pension credit, resulting in same amount of money, they were thankful for the information. This means no jumping through hoops or any further assessments. If you're able to claim pension credit, am of opinion you should do so ASAP or sooner!

You mention you are both on income based and think therefore that your money shouldn't be so different to that you are currently receiving as a couple. It would be beneficial to obtain a benefit check up which you should be able to obtain at local CAB or welfare rights office. failing this, if you have a social landlord, they sometimes have their own in house benefits advisors to make sure their tenants are receiving what should be entitled to which could equate to assistance with housing benefit and/or council tax assistance (depending on your local authority).

Good luck with it.

dillm2
    Hi
    Just a quick note
    I was transferred by DWP from ESA to Pension Credit at 63yrs old -