Thread: Oxford

Oxford

Can anyone recommend good hotel accommodation in Oxford ?

I can recommend the Malmaison Oxford, which is a converted prison! It's fairly central, just a short stroll to the shopping centre and University buildings.

Whilst I haven't done it myself you can, depending on the time of year, stay in a university room.

[URL="http://www.universityrooms.com/en/city/oxford/home"]
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Can anyone recommend good hotel accommodation in Oxford ?
    Check out this place

http://www.abbeyguest.com

or

http://www.premierinn.com/en/search!execute.action

lateroom.com is a good site. Its going to depend on your destination, budget, whether you need an accessible room. Got to say the best disabled room I have had was a Travelodge in Lancaster! Premier Inn is good for disabled rooms as well. Check the reviews people leave, thats always a good sign. I use google street view to ascertain the terrain as well. For my wheelie

Thanks. I think the Premier Inn will do nicely. I'm looking foe easy access to John Radcliffe hospital if you know of any more convenient ?

Hi Alaska,

I heard a rumour that if you book an accessible disabled bedroom with Holiday Inn Express under the DDA you can get a second bedroom for your PA for free.

I contacted the Oxford Hotel online and was given this information by Maria . . .

]
    Maria Christina S:
    11:50
    Thank you for waiting. For checking in April 20 and check out April 22 (2 nights), they do have an accessible room with 1 double bed nonsmoking. Advance Saver rate (prepaid, non-cancelable, non-refundable) would be at 149.50 GBP per night and the Best Flexible rate (cancelable, no deposit) would be at 169 GBP per night. Under DDA, a 2nd carer's room is free of charge, we can put in a note for the 2nd room (carer's room) and the hotel will be the one to book it and attach it to your reservation on their end. Would this work for you?

This would be good if you weren't related to your PA

If your driving there is a Travelodge at a service station on the A34. Although ive never stayed here, ive often stopped for the KFC on route to the south coast.

By car, It shouldn't take long as the majority of the route to that hospital appears to be dual carriageway.