OK first of all it's not me as I'm retired. My lodger was sacked today and given one month's notice for whatever reason.

She started working there in November and will be paid until 10 May. She's not unduly worried as she didn't feel she fitted in.

Her plans are to take a holiday away in this country for a week then sign on at a temp agency for clerical type work. She says she has some savings to tie her over.

My question is - is she entitled to CBESA
Could she claim housing benefit to pay her rent if need be.

She's hit a tricky patch and I just want t give her positive news just in case it's needed.