Thread: Working tax credits

Working tax credits

Good morning I hope you all had a lovely weekend
    I'm not sure if I've posted in the right part I'm sure someone will advise me. sorry in advance if i have.

can anyone please advise me or has this happened to anyone?
    I work 16 hrs and receive the disability element with my WTC (working tax credit). I have just recently been awarded enhanced pip for daily and moving around. They have backdated my award from June 14 last year.

I was told to inform WTC of the change if my pip, which I did as soon as I received the award letter from DWP with regards to the enhanced award.

I had to contact WTC again yesterday and they said my working tax credits had been stopped! why? Oh they said when it got forwarded on to the disability section instead of backdating it from June last year as enhanced they did the opposite as if I had not been awarded! This doesn't make any sense to me?? He said its a good job I contacted them and they will email the section to look into it. I'm not happy atall as I did everything I was supposed to do. Has this ever happened to anyone? My next WTC payment is not due until 4th May hoping someone can spread a little light on this For me Thank you min

You get Working Tax Credit which includes a Disability element.
    You qualify if you have been entitled to the disability element of Working Tax Credit in the 56 days
    before your claim for the disability element by satisfying the qualifying conditions
    under one of the sickness or disability-related benefits by
    getting Disabled Person’s Tax Credit, at some earlier time.
    Last edited by edward222; 06-05-15 at 02:55.