Thread: Carers allowance. Does your savings affect your entitlement to Carers allowance?

Carers allowance. Does your savings affect your entitlement to Carers allowance?

I know that you are not entitled to carers allowance if your weekly income is over £102 weekly after tax etc but I cannot find any information online about whether a carer cannot claim carers allowance if they have a certain level of savings.

Does anybody have any information about this?

Quote Originally Posted by karljt View Post
    I know that you are not entitled to carers allowance if your weekly income is over £102 weekly after tax etc but I cannot find any information online about whether a carer cannot claim carers allowance if they have a certain level of savings.

Does anybody have any information about this?
    Savings do not effect Carers Allowance claimants.

The amount of savings you have does not matter for carers allowance. However if you have a low income but quite a lot in savings, it may mean you can't get carer premium in income support and housing/council tax benefit as the premium is means tested on both income and capital.