Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Election

Here's some people that had to learn the hard way, I don't think they'll be supporting them this time round.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...#ixzz2DFX8BTPz

Labours Lucy Powell has said, in reference to the promises on the tablet of stone "I don't think anyone is suggesting that the fact that he's carved them into stone means that he is absolutely not going to break them or anything like that."

Most politicians break their promises after getting elected, but Labour are suggesting they'll do it before.
    Last edited by vantage; 05-05-15 at 19:05.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

vikstar
    More leaks on Tory cuts to Welfare if they regain power, http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...g-and-disabled

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    More leaks on Tory cuts to Welfare if they regain power, http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...g-and-disabled
    Whilst its in the article, who wrote the document? Was it a Government minister? Well the answer is no. Will it happen, well read the full article and decide. The Labour party voted for the same budget limits so they may have to follow the same civil service advice.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

vikstar
    It seems that certain members can't comprehend simple statements, and still insist on quoting me.

Maybe it is just that they want to have the last word on the topic ?

It is not my article, make your comments to The Guardian.

My intention was to reference the article what you linked to and the substance of that article. If you feel I have somehow misquoted you then I offer you an apology. By the way I'm more than capable of understanding simple statements, complex ones as well, but I don't believe my intellect is the issue.

This may be too late but just remember that since 2010 the tories have increased pension age for many over 50s men and woman and even younger the pensioners convention has called it a con as from 2017 the state pension will be £144 a week for 35 years paid in.
    Now before under previous lab gov which by the way had also had a consultation it would be 30 years pain in for a larger pension of £150 a week, this is money that some of us have already paid for infact in 2009 i had a forcast on my state pension if i retired at 65 then and it would have been £132 thats in 2009 and my pension was due in oct 2022 so now under the tories it is now 2023 and i will have been short changed.
    The pensioners con also say that the poorest pen will still be dying early and have been conned and the richest will prosper so thats why were all in it together?

Quote Originally Posted by vantage View Post
    Labours Lucy Powell has said, in reference to the promises on the tablet of stone "I don't think anyone is suggesting that the fact that he's carved them into stone means that he is absolutely not going to break them or anything like that."

Most politicians break their promises after getting elected, but Labour are suggesting they'll do it before.
    Yeah, 'If we don't reduce immigration to the ten's of thousands you can kick us out of office', lets see if we can oblige on that last part.

Voting time. They say decisions are made by those who show up! Remember to vote.

Oh do I put the X next to the one I don't want or the one I do........

It's always good to see people thinking ahead.

There's nothing like wanting to vote but disabling barriers prevent you from using the venue.

So this is fully inclusive design polling venue aimed at letting disabled people have their say . . . or not

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polling-station.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	1286