Thread: question about severe disability premium

question about severe disability premium

Hello I was wondering if I am eligible. My circumstances are I am on contribution based ESA support group and get PIP daily living. I live in a joint mortgage house with my ex, the relationship has broken down and we basically share the house. He is on contribution based ESA support group and PIP daily living and mobility rates. I was speaking to welfare advisory today with regards submitting an appeal with my PIP and the lady suggested I may be eligible but I don't know where I stand as I technically do not live alone.
    Any thoughts thanks for listening.

Does anybody else claim Carer's Allowance to lok after you.

If no and you lived alone then yes you would be entitled to it in theory. As you share a house with your ex its debateable.

I share my house with a lodger but can't claim it due to getting a pension. I've always paid Council Tax too despite being disabled for 38 years. I just get 10% discount as a disabled person,

You can't normally get severe disability premium if another adult lives with you, whether it be adult child, partner or friend/lodger etc, but when the only other adult(s) in the household also get PIP daily living or DLA middle or higher care I understand that you can claim it unless someone is getting carers allowance for looking after you. I would check with your local benefit advice service or CAB, as you may both be able to claim severe disability premium if there are no non-disabled adults living with you.

I don't know.

I receive SDP - live alone, receive ESA Support (Income Related), PIP Standard Rate Care and Enhanced Mobility Rate and have no carers.