Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read any good books lately?

Love reading though struggling with concentration at the moment so haven't read much of late

Favourite authors are

Sherrilyn kenyon dark hunters series ( hence my user name is one of the main characters )

Karen marie moning The fever series

Kresley cole immortals after dark series

Gena showalter lords of the underworld

Not the most intellectual of books but strong yet vulnerable hero's strong minded leading ladies baddies that you wanna give a good slap too a bit of humour and most of all a happy ending

have read the Kresley Cole, and the Karen Marie Moning (have you read the Highlander series?) I have the dark hunter and lords of underworld on my ereader, but as yet unread. Also have just got the Poldark series, looking forward to starting that.

I love historical, hysterical (Terry Pratchett), paranormal and pretty much anything I can get my hands on.

There's a site called Bookbub (sorry cant do links but google it) which if you sign up emails you a list of free and really cheap books from various places (amazon, nook, Kobo, Apple) each day depending on your preferences.

I get kindle books by hitting 'free kindle books in kindle store' where there are 1,000s of free books including many boxed sets to get your teeth into.

reading is the one of the best things that ever happened to me....

Hi Linda got the highlanders after reading the fever series only got round to reading the first one though (depression is bad at the moment can't concentrate long) but will get there

Love paranormal as there's no restrictions on where the story can go

I named my dog Nyx after my partner said that dog is !!!!!!! Nuts you'll know who I mean lol xx

Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    Jamaica Inn is a great book. The King's General also by Daphne DuMaurier is another one I'd recommend.
    Thanks, never read it but will do. Love a book recommendation!

I have just finished reading A Child Called "It".

It is the story of Dave Pelzer, who was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally, alcoholic mother. So sad and emotional to read. I am going to read his second book "The Lost Boy" soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shystar View Post
    I have just finished reading A Child Called "It".

It is the story of Dave Pelzer, who was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally, alcoholic mother. So sad and emotional to read. I am going to read his second book "The Lost Boy" soon.
    Oh, I have read these. Very, very good. I did have a little cry, I have to admit.

I have read the whole Pelzer series some years ago. Heart breaking but I couldn't put them down. Remember reading the 1st one on a flight to Skiathos after buying it at the airport. By the time we had landed there I had almost finished it.

If you like sagas Robert Jordan is another one. Or Trudi Canavan. Robin hobb.......i'll shut up now before I spill all my secrets....

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    If you like sagas Robert Jordan is another one. Or Trudi Canavan. Robin hobb.......i'll shut up now before I spill all my secrets....

I read the first Robert Jordan, bored me to tears.

Have you read any Freda Warrington? The Blackbird series is pretty good.

Ohh love Trudi Canavan read the black magicians and got the traitor spy and the age of five but haven't got round to them yet really frustrated with the lack of focus reading was an escape for me

Maybe I will re-read a favourite as it will be easier than starting something new it may kick start my concentration hopefully