Thread: Received my report before answer from DWP

Received my report before answer from DWP

Hello I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar position? I had a change of circumstances last April and I had my ATOS Medical in September the report that came back from the assessor at ATOS to DWP, DWP were not happy with the report so I had another assessment with them last Friday 6th March. i requested a copy of the report straight away with DWP. The report has arrived today. (before i have been awarded by dwp) when my daughter has gone through the descriptors I have been awarded 24 for daily living and 14 for moving around. My original pip award was 10 points for each so the assessor has awarded enough points for enhanced but I have not had any reply back as yet from DWP can they change this or will it stay as how ASOS have awarded the points in descriptors? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has been in a similar position as myself? Thank you Min x

DWP can change this. The assessor only recommends descriptors for each activity. The decision maker has to look at what the law says regarding each descriptor and has to agree that that is the right one to award. Having said that, I think they more often than not go with what the assessor recommends, although I am happy to be corrected on that. I was awarded the same as the assessor recommended. With 24 points for daily living I would have thought you were pretty safe there as even if the decision maker reduces the points awarded for some descriptors you have quite a bit of leeway to still have enough for enhanced rate.

It's really impossible to say what the decision maker will do with the report. All you can do is wait until you get your decision letter but if I was you I would be cautiously optimistic.

Thank you catlover I Really appreciate you taking the time to come back to me x I will let you know.