Thread: Where to send a letter and savings!

Where to send a letter and savings!

I've got a letter to send with a query regarding my ESA,

The ESA letter has come from a location in Stratford, but normally I've sent stuff to the Blackpool offices for DLA etc.

Should I just use the address with NI number reference etc

Question 2, I'm getting the impression DWP has stopped my ESA due to the funds in my Direct Payments account (which they shouldn't) but they were very vauge on the phone when I queried it, hence needing to send a letter.

Do they count a couple as joint savings if you do not live together, in which case they are in the WRONG and should never have stopped my ESA.

We do not have joint personal savings over £16000.

Oooo I just don't know but I hold a joint account with my mother which will mess up my savings. Seems I can only have £6k in total, with money coming in and out my balance goes up and down etc though now I'm aware my mother's joint account with me would take me over the amount - getting this sorted asap - sister flying over Thursday (12th March) and we'll pop her on the joint account.

No idea about the ESA letter.

We have had the same problem im trying to take the dwp to court due to direct payments is class as a savings by the dwp can you email me back tell me what happen to you because we had the same problem as you

thanks gordon

email removed
    admin
    Last edited by fastwheels; 11-03-15 at 09:58.

Everything on the web states that DIRECT PAYMENTS IS NOT CLASSED AS AN INCOME, All the Council Websites etc.

So the DWP are basically scamming me it seems!

From my council website:
    http://www.haringey.gov.uk/social-ca...irect-payments

You will be able to take all or part of your Personal Budget as a direct payment to pay for your own support either by employing individuals yourself or for purchasing support through an agency. It is tax-free and does not affect your benefits or income.

And local authorities are a PIG to get hold of when you need to.

MEH!