Thread: Doctor letter

Doctor letter

Ask for a letter of my dctr for something specific I sent her a outline in a letter what I needed had a phone call today stating she would have to ask the partners of the surgery because it may have implications on other patients has any one heard of this before
    Shaun

Sounds to me like you've unfortunately got an unsympathetic/unhelpful practice probably more interested in filling both the faces of their private clients/patients along with their own pockets.
    I'm lucky in that I belong to a small village practice that actually cares about people and not profit.
    Its down to luck I suppose and that shouldn't be the case
    Mind you with the likes of Jack Straw asking upwards of 5k for an afternoon chat am I really surprised

If you write to your doctor/doctors, they must reply. Ask them a specific question, that way they need to reply to it - I did this and used the letters to and from my GP as evidence.

I'm just guessing here but it may be that your practice does not provide letters to support benefit claims (is that what it was for?) as if they do that for you they would have to do it for everyone. With the mass transfer from DLA to PIP imminent that could lead to a whole lot of extra work for them if everyone at that practice who is on DLA requests a letter.

My GP would not provide a letter for my PIP claim (he didn't refuse outright but advised me to ask DWP to contact him for a GP factual report if needed which they did).

Some GP's charge a fee for providing these letters, for example I had to pay £20 to my gp and they were happy to provide me with a report within 5 days. Ask your GP if they do this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Some GP's charge a fee for providing these letters, for example I had to pay £20 to my gp and they were happy to provide me with a report within 5 days. Ask your GP if they do this service.
    20 quid seems a bit expensive. Lucky enough my GP done this free of charge.