Thread: PIP medical appointment received, venue 47 miles from home.

PIP medical appointment received, venue 47 miles from home.

A Relative just got her PIP medical assessment appointment (less than 3 weeks after PIP2 sent in) and it is nearly 50 miles from where they live. Yet another example of the underhand tactics employed by ATOS to try to deny people their PIP. After all, how many descriptors are wiped out by getting to the appointment on time?

My relative is not alone either. Check out this rightsnet forum post. It is full of PIP claimants being asked to travel 50 miles to assessment centres even though the centres exist in their own towns.

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/7706/

Now I know there are a large number of people in this forum who believe that the DWP, ATOS, CAPITA are fair and do everything by the book but these tactics are systematic, and nationwide in order to prevent people claiming PIP.

In the link above one guy lived in Camden and his PIP assessment was arranged for Milton Keynes (55 miles away)

So for the people who think they are fair, and considerate keep deluding yourselves.

Simple solution is to ring em up and follow with a letter explaining due to health grounds the apt can not be kept due to the distance involved for travel. Ask that you have an apt nearer home and name the place nearest that you know apt are held. If no joy then complain directly to the DWP and your MP.

Bear in mind that people are much more likely to post on an internet forum when they have something to complain about. Such posts are not a representative sample of all claimants.

I'm not saying you are wrong but not everybody is being asked to travel that far. I wasn't.

It is possible that they are just offering the next available appointment in an attempt to keep waiting times as short as possible. When I said that parking would be difficult at the centre where my appointment was they said I could have one at a different centre if I wished.
    Last edited by catlover; 07-03-15 at 17:17.

My appointment was over 50 miles away even tho I have a centre 20 miles closer but they told me it was just because waiting times I'm each area i already waited 10 months for a f2f and would have waited longer for a closer one