Thread: Couple of ?'s about Blue Badge scheme and car tax deduction

Couple of ?'s about Blue Badge scheme and car tax deduction

Hi, I think I am correct in saying to receive a blue badge through PIP is that you have to have 8 points in the 'Moving around' section. But is it also true you can go down the other route of being examined by ???? to see if your entitled to hold a Blue Badge?

Secondly, I have standard PIP, 6 in care 8 in mobility, does this mean I could get a deduction with car Tax?

Thank you for reading

Chelle

Quote Originally Posted by Nannymimi View Post
    Hi, I think I am correct in saying to receive a blue badge through PIP is that you have to have 8 points in the 'Moving around' section. But is it also true you can go down the other route of being examined by ???? to see if your entitled to hold a Blue Badge?

Secondly, I have standard PIP, 6 in care 8 in mobility, does this mean I could get a deduction with car Tax?

Thank you for reading

Chelle
    Standard Mobility Rate - 50% https://www.gov.uk/financial-help-di...-and-transport if you scroll down you will find the vehicle exemption for Standard Rate Mobility.

Though you do need to ask PIP to provide a Certificate of Entitlement to claim the vehicle tax disc. Telephone Number is: 0845 850 3322. From point of phone call to receiving the Certificate it takes about three working days they post it second class.

To apply for a blue badge application: https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge or:

Blue Badge Initial Enquiry Support Service
    bluebadge@northgate-is.com
    Telephone (England): 0844 463 0213
    Telephone (Scotland): 0844 463 0214
    Telephone (Wales): 0844 463 0215

Thank you so much Amy, I've called them from the number you gave and the certificate is on its way
    I will be popping into my council to ask about the blue badge xx

I'm sure most councils have different policy's about issuing a blue badge they have there own criteria which is relatively simple if you have a doctor or consultant backing up your mobility issues

I personally wasn't asked to provide evidence I received DLA/PIP nor any doctors notes