Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Housing and the law re rentals

I suspect a lot also depends on the ins cover the landlord can get or afford. I did read somewhere that ins is a lot higher if tenant is on benefits.

I know the WHY's and WHEREfore's of the landlords pov. I'm just pissed off with that attitude. LT you comments were not helpful. You are letting a room to a LODGER. We are seeking a HOMe, longterm, we can't alter the fact we are disabled and I just wanted the relevant legalise.

having tenants on housing benefit can limit the landlord's potential for rent rises, as HB will only pay up to what the Council consider to be a fair rent for that type of property in that area. If the council say it is not worth that much then it gives the tenant a bit more to negotiate with.

Reddivine this is where we miss Flymo. Hope his exams are going well. I miss reading his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Reddivine this is where we miss Flymo. Hope his exams are going well. I miss reading his posts.
    Me too ...............

Try contacting SHELTER who offer plenty of advice on housing issues and associated legal bits.