Thread: Gateway Employability Activity ?? I have anxiety.

Gateway Employability Activity ?? I have anxiety.

Hello.
    I have anxiety. I have had anxiety for almost a year. Anyone who has anxiety will understand what I mean when I say I cannot cope in certain situations. I need to get out. Sometimes it only takes the smallest thing. Sometimes it seems like it doesnt take anything.

I have been claiming ESA. I have had a medical. I was deemed not fit to work. My GP has deemed me not fit to work.

Now I have a letter telling me it is MANDATORY that I attend a Gateway Employability Activity every day for 3 hours for 2 weeks. If I do not attend, my money will stop.

I fear I will be unable to attend. I fear I simply wont be able to cope. Can anyone give me any advice?

Not heard of Gateway Employability Activity. It sounds like you are receiving ESA Work Group benefits?

Hopefully someone will pop along to give further advice. I'm in the Support Group - so don't attend anything.

The fact they say its MANDATORY - especially as you suffer from anxiety (yes I've suffered from it and still suffer with it in different situations). When I'm like that I need personal spacce, lock myself away.