Thread: ESA Back to Work assessment ... ???? with lots of confusion :/

ESA Back to Work assessment ... ???? with lots of confusion :/

Hello's

I had my ESA back to work assessment, regardless of what the outcome is, I found it quite educational ... what helped was I had a lovely lady (nurse) who assessed me ...

She asked me if i could do a few exercises, of sitting on the couch and raising each leg, etc.... but pointed out that I didn't have to do, ( threw me a little but went ahead ).
    Because I got up out of the chair, showed I had strength :/ ... I'm unsure where pain or breathlessness comes into this if any, as DWP have a basic to do list and if you tick their boxes, what your feeling or showing has little or no impact with the DWP. Seemingly strength is what DWP look for to mark you with a '0' on most of the assessment :/ I'm not claiming ESA for being weak, weakness isn't my problem, so why test me for something that i'm not asking help with?

She explained, she had no idea how the PIP examinations work, but more or less would be on the same structure.
    She let me know on the spot the things which she could about my health with her medical knowledge ie> my peak flow for my height should have been nearer 5, but it was only 3.5 on each exhale.

I was also informed that the DWP are now starting to scrap DR's or Surgeons letters of diagnosis and symptoms as it has come to light, that some unscrupulous people, are creating their own and basically forging documents, so they are now starting to contact GP's and Consultants directly. On this I do have to question, that ok DR's GP's and Consultants can tell them diagnoses, and symptoms etc, but My Dr has actually said to me, he is not with me 24/7, so he would/could not write what he didn't know, and that in most cases its 'obvious' as to what someone with certain diseases are incapable of, (even though everyone's differ who may have the same diagnosis) ..... So i'm baffled at this too lol

Sorry to babble on, but these are the things I wished I had known before my assessment and if this little bit of info helps anyone else about to attend their assessment then all the best

Again aside from what my diseases of CHD, PVD Angina, physically prevent me from even minor everyday tasks, my mental health for some reason seemed to be more of a concern to them .... In my opinion, the two feed off each other and create a vicious circle, I cannot see how my physical disabilities have and can be overlooked by the DWP with my PIP assessment ...
    Still onwards and upwards

xxx

The firms that do the assessments are contracted to government standers you need to view this to realize what you're actually up against
    cheers les

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwg...s#.UVFqUldcbwG

Wow thank you for this megan, what an eye opener !!!

Confirming my thoughts on how the government or alike are playing with peoples lives. I am now leaning to believe putting in any claim is like a lottery ... Maybe someones face fitting as well as having disabilities ....

Shocking !!!

You would think the people who assess you in the centres are on your side and they would act so nice but they arent, they are very biased.

I recently had my assessment for ESA. Nurse who assessed me was lovely, put me at ease and I wasn't worried about anything as I am on waiting list for two knee replacements - I got 0 points!! I said I couldn't walk without being in severe pain or couldn't stand so I thought that would be the 15 points needed. I now think they lull you into a false sense of security. I will be more prepared next time.

:/ looks like I could be appealing this as well then