Thread: Appeal request late due to royal mail - will it still be allowed?

Appeal request late due to royal mail - will it still be allowed?

I posted my appeal request yesterday special delivery by 1pm so it should have been received today. The one month time limit meant it needed to be there by 21st February (tomorrow). Hence the rush job yesterday. It doesn't appear to have been received or signed for yet so if it arrives late due to royal mail delay will they reject my appeal?

Could be that the RM tracking hasn't been updated as yet. I have had that even though I have known the item has been received.

Proof of postage and time scale it should of arrived by should be fine prob just not updated there systems...call on Monday I've had this happen selling things on ebay when it's been delivered however royal mail didn't update it till the next working day

I sent some evidence with special delivery by 1pm, and it was 14 days before it was showing delivered. I rang the number the next day to see if it got there and it had, so I tried again a couple if days later and still showed in transit so I rang the number again and a very nice person emailed me a copy of the signature and the time it arrived, but as I say it took 14 days to come up on the Internet. Don't worry it will have got there and worst case if not, you have proof of postage that it should have got there so I can't see a problem, don't worry.

Mags

I hadn't thought about the site just not having been updated. Hopefully that's it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I posted my appeal request yesterday special delivery by 1pm so it should have been received today. The one month time limit meant it needed to be there by 21st February (tomorrow). Hence the rush job yesterday. It doesn't appear to have been received or signed for yet so if it arrives late due to royal mail delay will they reject my appeal?
    Even if it was late you have proof of delivery etc that it have been received in time. I did the same thing last year sent it and on the Monday had a text message to say they'd received it.

glasgowadviser
    A judge will have to decide if it should be allowed but I given the time scales I think it's one in a million they won't accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    It is impossible for anyone on here to say. It will go to a judge at the Tribunal service who will make a decision on whether or not to accept it. As they do not work Saturdays, it will arrive on Monday. As such it is up in the air at the moment, until you are told otherwise.

The moral of the story is to send all appeals, MR's a week before they are due. For people reading the forum; do not leave it until the last minute as you get into situations such as the one Catlover is in