Thread: PIP- early request for reapplication

Unhappy PIP- early request for reapplication

Hi- folks on here were super helpful this time last year. My PIP claim was given 0 points but after a reconsideration (with guidance from this forum) I got 11 points and a 2 year award. I've got atypical depression- 3 years since my last breakdown. The award letter did say that they'd contact me this month to see if anything had changed.

I've recently started doing 6 hours a week voluntary work (2 mornings) and they'd have received the permitted work form back about the same time these forms were sent out. The paperwork for the permitted work said that it wouldn't affect my entitlement to any benefits (call me suspicious...)

Anyhow, I've received the full application for PIP again this lunchtime, 3 weeks to reply and the anxiety chest pains have begun. I do believe I should get at least the 8 points as, while I have improved in some areas, I do require a family member to check daily that I'm taking care of myself, helping with organising myself, my meds and shopping and encouraging me/prompting to go to my voluntary work/social activities. And part of the week requires more care as insufficient rest causes a domino effect. Fatigue, either physical or from stress, anxiety or greater mental stimulation can have me becoming more ill (and less able to look after myself) rapidly.

1) Is being required to fill everything out again, as per a new application, legit when I've been awarded it for 2 years?

2) The guidance material says that evidence under 2 years old is acceptable and advises against getting paperwork specifically for the claim. Can I just include copies from last time? My old psychiatrist disappeared in November and my new psychiatrist is also changing team so my next visit will be with a completely different psychiatrist. And I haven't been near my GP in maybe 6 months since I've been seeing my psychiatrist and (until last month) OT very regularly. I've recently been discharged from both my therapist and mental health OT as I can 'talk the talk' but now need to work on the practical stuff myself. I can self-refer back if I need to in the future.

3) The face-to-face assessment for the PIP last year was horrifically difficult for me despite having company from family and a lovely assessor. With the ESA, I've been able to avoid it on grounds of distress. Would extreme anxiety be grounds for a home visit?

3) If I invite the decision maker to contact my GP/CMHT if they require anymore up-to-date information- as per their own advice about how to fill out the form, can their decision not to contact the medical professionals be seen as not considering all the available evidence?

Sorry if I'm coming across as defensive. I found that last time I really had to battle to get my point across and, quite frankly, I'm terrified and don't want to go through it again.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

On the first point, a full new application has to be made when an award expires. The new application is made 12 months before the award expiry date so that there is time for the process to complete before expiration. Getting a new claim pack a year before the award ends is standard practice so no need to be concerned on that score.

Thanks for the reply. I understand. Good to hear it's standard practice and why. I'll forge ahead with the reapplication using the pointers/evidence I used for the reconsideration last year (where still applicable). I've been getting worked up without cause (at least for now). I'll save my energy for the medical/reconsideration process