Thread: what are my chances of claiming pip

what are my chances of claiming pip

Hiya I just wondered what anybody thinks my chances are of claiming pip? I have an immune system disease called c.v.I.d which basically means I pick up infections very easily and follicular bronchiolitis and bronchiectasis I already have a blue badge for the car and I have a pip assesment soon thankyou for any advice (follicular bronchiolitis and bronchiectasis are lung diseases) and I do a treatment for my immune system called immunoglobulin which I do myself at home once a week for the rest of my life
    Last edited by donnaclarke; 18-02-15 at 08:36.

Hi Donna

There is a "sticky" PIP thread on the forum. This is a good way to get an idea of the PIP process.

The thing to remember with PIP is how your illness/conditions affect you. not the illness/condition itself.

Two people with the same illness/condition could be affected in many different ways.

I would suggest keeping a diary for a while. Write down from the moment you wake up, throughout the day/night.
    For example; Do you need help to get out of bed, does someone have to prepare your breakfast/do you need help to eat. Do you need help with toiletting needs, washing etc.
    Also write down any medication, when you take it, does someone have to give you the medication/remind you to take it. Are there any side effects etc.
    Basically anything that impacts on your daily living.

I know a lot of people are surprised when writing a diary as they did not realise how much their illness/condition affected their daily life. When you have been ill for a long while, you forget adjustments etc you have made to accommodate the illness.

But, as I said, please read the sticky thread as a first idea. There are a lot of forum users experience of PIP, from claim, through assessment etc. There is a lot of info on there.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.